02 sensors

rzibilske77

i have a bad 02 sensor, i am going to change both, which are a good ones to get...what have you guys used?

OEM from Ford = Motorcraft or Bosch. I just seem to have bad luck with any others.

Ira

OEM from Ford = Motorcraft or Bosch. I just seem to have bad luck with any others.

Ira

i was thinking of ford oem, but thinking $$$ might be a little much, but most aftermarket i saw was bosch and im not so thrilled putting anything bosch on my car...i.e. plugs:eek:
thanks for the input Ira:)

Robert

i was thinking of ford oem, but thinking $$$ might be a little much, but most aftermarket i saw was bosch and im not so thrilled putting anything bosch on my car...i.e. plugs:eek:
thanks for the input Ira:)

Robert

Yea, I find they do cost more. But I don't like the odds on what it might cost me if I have one go bad and I don't catch it. CEL be damned, I can't afford the potential cost of running too lean for any period of time ;)

Ira

Last edited:
Yea, I find they do cost more. But I don't like the odds on what it might cost me if I have one go bad and I don't catch it. CEL be damned, I can't afford to be running too lean for any period of time ;)

Ira

yea i hear ya, CEL is shining its ugly face at me...im lean on the right side, ill change em next time im home....it only gets run 1 week out of the month:)

I was under the impression that Bosch made them for Ford. I run Bosch's from Advance for $43 and have no problems with them.

I was under the impression that Bosch made them for Ford. I run Bosch's from Advance for $43 and have no problems with them.

Really? Didn't know that. I have been using the Motorcraft DY-703 [F4SZ-9F472-A] in the '95. Thought that was the OEM one. And that one has the short pigtail. I don't have the # for the one with the long tail that I need for the '94.

Do you have a part number for the Bosch ?

Ira

Here are some part #'s I've used: Ford DY-605, FO3Z-9F472-A, Bosch 13942, Bosch 13953. I believe the Ford # is a short wire type. I'm not sure which of the Bosch is the long wire but I'm thinking that it's the 13953. Mine only uses the short wire type but when I bought them they only had one of each in stock so I got the long wire and tied it in a knot.

Back