oil in the ic tube

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that's normal. When I resealed the Intercooler plumbing in my car, I also noticed the presence of oil residue. I cleaned the tubes and the Intercooler with a little acetone (just pour it inside and swoosh it around in there). Hope I didn't do anything stupid (little too late to worry now). Anybody else know for sure?

PCV connection...

just the condensed oil from your Crankcase vapor hose. No worries.
Freaked you out tho, didn't it?:D

Hope I didn't do anything stupid (little too late to worry now). Anybody else know for sure?
You didn't do anything, don't worry about it. Just next time, I would rinse it out with soapy water after!

Cheers,
Calvin

How much oil is too much. When I remove my SC top, I have a pool of oil on the supercharger. I thought it might be from my reduced intercooler tubes, but there's a lot of oil. The car doesn't smoke unless it's under heavy throttle though. Thanks for any info!!

The oil is being sucked in from the PCV valve on the passenger side. I put a fuel filter inline to trap most of it. It gets about half full every 3000 miles. A couple feet of hose and the filter cost about $5.

Here is a picture of the filter.

PVCFilter.jpg

David

Back