power cuts out

thunderbird89sc

Last night I hit a bump in the road and lost all power for a second, lights, car starts to die. Then she comes back, everytime I go over a bump it does it again. I replaced the ing switch because i noticed my key was hot after a short drive, but she still does the same thing. I checked the batterey connections and the are good. I am thinking its the ground wires but i don't know where they go, its been raining all day so haven't checked, I need her to be good by 6pm sat so i can work. Any help would be great

Matt

ok so

Well I checked the pos wire at the starter and its good. When the power cuts out everything resets like the battery has been unhooked, the radar dec starts back up as if was unpluged the clock goes back to 12am. She also does it when I hit the brakes hard, like something is loose and silding foward I am out of ideas please help

sooooo about that

ok i reattached the ground strap and she is all good now, its funny how these cars can be sometimes.
matt

Last edited:
Also as a precaution, be sure to clean your battery posts and clamps with steel wool. Likewise with any ground strap contact points.

Back