Re-upholstering?

anejr

I'm not sure this is exactly a technical questions, but has anybody used the "Leather Seat Reupholstery Kit" from SuperCoupe Performance?

If so, how do you like it? Is it a decent facsimile of the original upholstery?

Thanks!

--Al Evans

I'm not sure this is exactly a technical questions, but has anybody used the "Leather Seat Reupholstery Kit" from SuperCoupe Performance?

If so, how do you like it? Is it a decent facsimile of the original upholstery?

Anybody?

Or if you've reupholstered your SC another way, what did you do, and how close to original did it come?

Thanks!

--Al Evans

You can check with Bill at www.supercoupeperformance.com, but I am pretty sure the kits he sells are the same as those that Rich was selling before closing up his business. Thus this thread might have info you're looking for.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57046&highlight=seat+cover

note that the cost of having a shop make the seat patterns and cut the material and such for you would likely cost more than what these kits cost. But you can check with a local shop to see what they would charge. If you're not feeling up to the work, having a shop install the kit is probably worth it, as most seats need new foam.

Not the best pictures in the world, but this is what they might look like when installed. Pretty nice I think, but you will have to work to keep the leather clean and from stretching because it is untreated. We're actually taking the interior apart tomorrow and installing new matching pieces to go along with the seat covers. I can probably get you some decent shots of the overall look when we finish if you like.

94sc-custom-front.jpg

94sc-custom-rear.jpg

Ira

Last edited:
You can check with Bill at www.supercoupeperformance.com, but I am pretty sure the kits he sells are the same as those that Rich was selling before closing up his business. Thus this thread might have info you're looking for.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57046&highlight=seat+cover

note that the cost of having a shop make the seat patterns and cut the material and such for you would likely cost more than what these kits cost. But you can check with a local shop to see what they would charge. If you're not feeling up to the work, having a shop install the kit is probably worth it, as most seats need new foam.

True in all vinyl out here all the interior shops quoted me at 1200 and up so getting a kit is alot cheaper.

Ira are you bringing that car to Carisle?If so I wanna check it out cause I'm getting ready to order a seat of new skins myself.Did you install them yourself?

Jay

Ira are you bringing that car to Carisle?If so I wanna check it out cause I'm getting ready to order a seat of new skins myself.Did you install them yourself?

Jay

No, and no. But there's a good chance it will be at the Summer Blast in MD this August, so you can always pop down to that and see it.

Ira

Back