shorter end links needed after lowering?

shawpdx1

Ive been searching posts and I read that you need to put shorter end links in is this true? if so all 4 of them? and can I get them from a local parts store thanks

How much are you planning on lowering the car ??

Its not really necessary to install shorter endlinks after lowering, your stock length endlinks will be fine, but some will tell you otherwise - that the antisway bar needs to be level after lowering.

- Dan

Mine broke shortly after lowering it 1.5". I replaced them with energy suspension poly end links. It could have been a coincidence that mine snapped but I don't think so.

If you're going to lower it 1.5 inches or more you'll wanna install shorter links on you're rear swaybar.No one makes shorter endlinks for the front atleast that I've seen anyways.

Jay

I ran 2" Intrax lowering springs for a few years on stock endlinks .. they have a rubber bushing and a pivot top where they bolt to the sway bar. After that I was dropped about 8" for a few more years before I decided to remove the sway bar alltogether. Still have the stock endlinks in a pile of parts somewhere in the backyard. Lower bushings werent in the best condition, but neither is the rest of the underside of my car. :D
People break the endlinks with the stock suspension.
Really, it depends on how you plan on driving your car and how much you want to lower it.

- Dan

Last edited:
I lowered it 1.5 I was under there yesterday to adjust the e brake they look ok but I could see how they could keep it from dropping all the way down. were do I get these lower end links? any local parts stores carry them? I did notice the front end links looked stressed more than usual I will have to look under my stocker and see what they look like under a normal load thanks Guys Ted

I lowered it 1.5 I was under there yesterday to adjust the e brake they look ok but I could see how they could keep it from dropping all the way down. were do I get these lower end links? any local parts stores carry them? I did notice the front end links looked stressed more than usual I will have to look under my stocker and see what they look like under a normal load thanks Guys Ted

AutoZone and pepboy,advanced auto parts all have the shorter rear links.With you're car at ride height place you're rear swaybar parrall to the ground and measure the distance between the bar and you're lower control arm then go to the parts store and buy an endlink that matches you're measurment.

Jay

Back