Where is that pesky Coolant Temp Sensor?

hayshane

It's an 89 Supercoupe and it's been having trouble starting. I have run a test with the computer and it has told me that the Coolant Temp Sensor is malfunctioning. From what I understand there is a sensor for the air and another for the coolant.But I do not know where they are or what they look like. If someone could point out where these are that would be a great help. Thanks

It is located right behind the DIS module and the blower tentioner.....

Be very careful when removing the plastic clips......

They tend to be brittle and will break off....

the one for your coolant is too easy. look at your engine bay and take notice at the random white cap underneath your supercharger, theres a wire connecting to a screw lookn thing. check the roght side of the pic im posting. Hope that helps some.

J

3.jpg

the one for your coolant is too easy. look at your engine bay and take notice at the random white cap underneath your supercharger, theres a wire connecting to a screw lookn thing. check the roght side of the pic im posting. Hope that helps some.

J

3.jpg

Shibbykins, that one is the guage sender-he wants the one sticking up at an angle right behind the right end of the DIS. Has the balck plug with the two wires.

Nick

Back