Several issues (mostly electrical)

gotti

1. Intererior lights don't work when you open the door, but they still work if turned on at the headlight switch. Checked all fuses both under hood and under dash. Once even had a mechanic look for a short. Found nothing.

2. Trunk release does not work. Is it probably the release mechanism?

3. Driver's door lock does not stay locked. If you push it down (or push the lock button, it will go down, but when you go to open the door from the outside, it pops up as if you were opening from the inside.

4. Dash panel dimmer doesn't work. Dash lights only work when I fiddle with it and its all the way counter-clockwise before "clicking over" to the interior light toggle.

5. Fluid display always goes on and off for low radiator fluid, but the reservoir is completely full.

6. Speedo is running high, but not always by the same amount. Usually at least 5 over actual speed when I'm going 65-80.

I'm sure most of these issues are covered in the members-only section, but I just recently renewed my membership for the first time in a few years and don't have access yet.
Thanks guys!

Last edited:
#1 Make sure the switch that is located between the two door hinges is connected and working properly......

#4 Faulty head light switch????

#5 Take the sensor out of the reservoir and check the terminals on the end of the sensor......

They probably have calcium build up them and they can be cleaned with a wire brush....

Thanks! But I would assume that since the lights don't come on when the passenger door opens either, that it may be a wiring issue or even just another product of a faulty headlight switch?

#3 My passenger door is the same way. I am thinking it has something to do with with adjustment of the door and the latch adjustment. I havent really looked into it specifically though. I notice with mine, if I lock the door and lift the door handle on the outside several times, the thing works its way unlocked.:eek:

I thought of a couple more things:

The little lower bumper spoiler sags really badly.

If I have my hibeams on, after a while, the hibeam indicator stops illuminating in the dash.

Back