tire and wheel weight

Kevin Leitem

for anyone who might care, my 15X10 bogarts with 28X10.5 MT ET Drags weigh 33.6 pounds. 23 for the tire and 10.6 for the wheel. something to think about for those who think spending a lot of money on light weight wheels is not for them. making a car fast by making it lighter in my opinion is easier and cheaper in the long run.

Wow, that's very lightweight for that size of wheel.

Can't wait to hear your results this year !! :eek:

cheers
Ed N.

Just to piggy back onto this. My Weld 15 X 8 prostars with MT ET Streets in 26 X 11.5 are about 35lbs each. The 15 X 3.5 Skinnies with street legal steel belted 165R tires are 28lbs each. 126lbs total weight compared to my 18 inch BBS's which are about 188lbs for the set.

I have to use 1 inch thick spacers in front (and smaller spacers in rear) which probably add 10lbs to the Weld combo, but it is still 52lbs reduced weight at the track. If I was really serious I would get some actual front runner tires which would be an easy 5lbs lighter each, but I like having something "street" legal so I can use them on the road too. (even if the wheels are stamped "racing only.)

for anyone who might care, my 15X10 bogarts with 28X10.5 MT ET Drags weigh 33.6 pounds. 23 for the tire and 10.6 for the wheel. something to think about for those who think spending a lot of money on light weight wheels is not for them. making a car fast by making it lighter in my opinion is easier and cheaper in the long run.

What Do You Think You Will Weigh In At This Year?

Back