After the power mods.....what now..

SRT-4

Ok I got the power mods covered on my SC. I dont know what to do know. Maybe LCA's or bushings. Also I plan to do some shocks With bags for the track.

If I replace the LCA's do I still need to buy the bushing kit from SCP? also are the cheap schocks from SCP any good?

For people that dont know my car its a MPX/Head/Cam/N20 car. I plan on tossing some slicks on it and having one hell of a slepper on the street

I'd do the full suspension and brakes.So that way you can play with all the high end cars in the turns since you already got the power to stay with or ahead of them.Just imagine the Z06 owner that you can hang in the truns with and then pull away from them on the straights.Keep the stock wheels on it and they'd never know what hit um LOL.

Jay

I would suggest you ask yourself that question after you get the car running and take it to the track. Right now you just have a nice list of parts. ;) If it were that easy there would be a lot MORE 300+ rwhp cars in this club. :D

Curtis,

I agree with Dave...your going to have a hard enough time getting the car running right and race ready. Mess with brakes and suspension stuff later.

David

After a tune....

I'd reccomend

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPRI...012QQitemZ220114508003QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

They also sell a strut setup for our cars as well...Goodstuff. They used to own S/T before they soldout years ago to belltech...SO they know what they are doing

Also a cobra brake swap/hub swap and some nice rims and tires would be sweet..

You can check out my page for my red car with the 98 cobra rims and 13" brake setup..Soon to come my teal car..One of the nicest mods on my SC"s ever...One you wont regret

:eek: the worst springs you could possibly pick

SRT-4 you should browse over at tccoa for suspension stuff. They appear to be a little more active in that area. I can save you a little time if you'll take my word for it.

Koni inserts with Eibach springs

Brakes do like Damon, Cobra swap! :D

the worst springs you could possibly pick

I have them in both my SC's...Had Eibachs and they were far superior from a handeling standpoint then the EIbachs....Perhaps a personal preference but I do not like progressive rate springs for performance handeling on a land yatch..

I called that company and they said the no longer carry any T-Bird stuff and wouldn't order any even if I wanted. When asked why they still have an Ebay ad up they didn't seem to know.

BTW here is the link for the shocks I bought...Still there

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPRI...emQQcategoryZ33590QQihZ012QQitemZ220114906008

Regardless if they dont carry any tbird stuff any longer they apparently still have stock leftover

I'd call again being someone I know just ordered a set last week and got them.....So somethings not right.

I'd do the full suspension and brakes.So that way you can play with all the high end cars in the turns since you already got the power to stay with or ahead of them.Just imagine the Z06 owner that you can hang in the truns with and then pull away from them on the straights.Keep the stock wheels on it and they'd never know what hit um LOL.

Jay

I hate Chevy's but... Don't plan to ever run with a Z06 in the corners, in a T-Bird. Why? Starting with weight, unspung weight, weight distribution, polar moment, etc. Things that you can't not going to make much of a difference on. Keep the stock wheels and good luck getting enough tire on them.

No offense, but the SC is a high speed cruiser not a sports car.

Jason

I hate Chevy's but... Don't plan to ever run with a Z06 in the corners, in a T-Bird. Why? Starting with weight, unspung weight, weight distribution, polar moment, etc. Things that you can't not going to make much of a difference on. Keep the stock wheels and good luck getting enough tire on them.

Jason

I agree...the Z06 is too much car for just about any T-bird to hang with.

Here is a post about my experince with one from back in 2003 when my car was running 12.5 @ 110. The current LS7 Z06 would really humiliate an SC.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38092&highlight=Z06

David

Jason

I have seen a rabbit out race a porsche so anything can be done. Most Z06 owners would be surprised enough run into Dave N. I dont want to hear all the technical details about the cars but with enough money and work anything can be done.

I know skid pads aren't the greatest test in handling but an sc with a built suspension does quite well Canyon Carving.92g ont he skidpad according to this article and that is with tokicos. Not z06 great but pretty good for a land yacht.

I have seen a rabbit out race a porsche so anything can be done. Most Z06 owners would be surprised enough run into Dave N. I dont want to hear all the technical details about the cars but with enough money and work anything can be done.

I know skid pads aren't the greatest test in handling but an sc with a built suspension does quite well Canyon Carving.92g ont he skidpad according to this article and that is with tokicos. Not z06 great but pretty good for a land yacht.

Which Porsche? 911 has its own set of weight bias/polar moment problems being rear engined. What kind of a race? Remember we are talking corners, not drag strip. You have to be more specific about which porsche, it wouldn't be hard to get rabit to beat a 912. I have seen a Fiat 600 beat a Porsche 911 Carrera in an autocross.

You are correct. With enough money, a tube frame, fiberglass bodied, mid-engined Thunderbird SC would beat a Z06... but is that still a t-bird? It would look like one.

And you are also correct about the skid pad, even worse it will look better for the SC than reality (vs Z06).

You did make a very good point, the sc CAN handle well for a land yacht. It all depends on your point of referance.

Jason

I have them in both my SC's...Had Eibachs and they were far superior from a handeling standpoint then the EIbachs....Perhaps a personal preference but I do not like progressive rate springs for performance handeling on a land yatch..

BTW here is the link for the shocks I bought...Still there

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPRI...emQQcategoryZ33590QQihZ012QQitemZ220114906008

Regardless if they dont carry any tbird stuff any longer they apparently still have stock leftover

I'd call again being someone I know just ordered a set last week and got them.....So somethings not right.

Well, I called them and spoke to a live person. I wanted to get the shocks and springs and they refused to sell them to me and said the didn't have anymore. Perhaps the guy was just an idiot but I didn't feel comfortable buying from a company like that. I called Shox.com and ordered the Tokico blue kit. $359 shipped for the shocks and springs so the price was really close. I know people running the Tokico blue kit seem to really like them.

I don't doubt the springtec stuff and I was ready to buy but whoever was on the other end of the line was not very helpful at all. :confused:

Which Porsche? 911 has its own set of weight bias/polar moment problems being rear engined. What kind of a race? Remember we are talking corners, not drag strip. You have to be more specific about which porsche, it wouldn't be hard to get rabit to beat a 912. I have seen a Fiat 600 beat a Porsche 911 Carrera in an autocross.

I cant remember the specifics but I have seen some interesting videos where cars are doing things they simply shouldnt. It was 911 and as far as I can remember it was in some kind of road race.

But your right, realistic is good.

Which Porsche? 911 has its own set of weight bias/polar moment problems being rear engined.

And advantages...

Basically we can make any car do anyting we want it to with enough engineering/money put into it.

To say an SC would need a tube chasis to perform the same as a vette is ridiculous....But performance has many factors..Heck they get fox bodied mustangs to "perform" as well or even better then a z06 vette without a "tubular chasis"

But as I said performance is a subjective word. Even if that done up YUGO could out perform a vette in everyway from 1/4 to autocross to open track racing....I'm sure it would be one heck of a ride. Probably an uncomfortable scary one...And thats what its all about...The total package and how its delivered...And thats where the European sports cars still got us..But engineering has a price...150,000 vette or a lambo?....Sure some would buy a vette at that cost....Just as some people but a Saleen instead of a vette...However a Saleen isnt trying to be a Vette..Total different class of car....The vette though much as the viper is..and are..American sports cars

Back