PDA

View Full Version : SCCONE SPRING MEET NEW Location and time

V8Supercoupe
05-29-2007, 11:53 AM
I have made an exectutive decision here because I just don't see the interest that people inititally expressed with the first poll. Im am a little disappointed that it appeared after a couple years that we finally had enough people willing to get together. Like most things though, when push came to shove, we didn't even get a handful of people willing to make a drive.

This is why this club has suffered.

SO...I have chosen to utilize a meet that is already scheduled at a race shop. It will be free food. There will also be a dyno at this shop and it's expected to be a 75 vehicle car show as well. You will likley see a heavy Ford/Chevy/Mopar crowd here likely ranging in the 400-800rwhp vicinity. Most of these cars are pretty hardcore, but they are a good bunch. The people who own the shop are good people and in fact this shop is the one rebuilding my motor.

Like I said. It's nothing to come....there will be people there as opposed to the 4 people that stepped up to the plate on this meet. I think all around this is the best plan.

The meet is June 16th. It's location is 4 Daisy street in West Warwick, RI. It's physically located no more than 5 minutes off 95......and that's if you hit the traffic light.

ALSO TO ADD - I stopped in today to find out what the pricing will be on the dyno sesssions. It's looking like its going to cost 25 bux a pull and 60 or 65 bux for 3 pulls.

www.SD-Concepts.com
Regardless of who does, or doesn't show, I'll be there likely cooking bugers.

supraslow
05-29-2007, 04:36 PM
close enough for me now i just have to see if i can get that day off of work and make sure the sc is running haha

SCrazy
05-31-2007, 08:15 AM
It's on the calendar....thanks Skip

breadsnob1
05-31-2007, 04:48 PM
I know exatly where this place is. My brother owns a shop back there... Diversified Auto.... Not a bad spot or location... Good call making that Exec decision

V8Supercoupe
05-31-2007, 07:32 PM
Brian.... I would love for you to bring your 94. This guy doesn't think these cars can make any power....:D Id love someone to put him in his place.

On a side note....looks like my shortblock is getting disassembled. The rods are no good.....They could work, but it's actually keeping me up at night knowing they are there.....LOL! SO....Looks like I am going to spring for new ones.....

All in all it should be pretty good.

SuperCoupeSC91
05-31-2007, 10:38 PM
too bad my cars still in storage and may not come out this yr again :(

V8Supercoupe
06-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Edited in dyno pricing and flyer on original post.

V8Supercoupe
06-01-2007, 05:54 PM
btw guys....if anyone is looking for parts or looking to sell parts, this is a good time to do it.

I have 5 or 6 late model SC rims with tires. A lot of engine acc. and a early model front bumper cover....never been painted...

breadsnob1
06-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Seeing as we are going to meet there, does this place specialize in t-birds or is this place just another hi-performance shop?? I'm looking forward to talking to you guys in person; i really need info on the best way to hop up my car.... sph@ams.org is my e-mail if you need it... see y'all there..

V8Supercoupe
06-02-2007, 09:29 AM
They do not specialize in Tbirds. IN fact, they really don't specialize in any car per say....

They work on anything. They aren't limited to one vehicle. He's a big Mopar guy at heart, but he winds up getting swamped with CObras, Lightnings, Camaros, etc, etc....

I don't know if it will be there once the meet comes, but he's got a 1991-ish body style 300zx with a 383 stroker and a centrifical on it....talk about a screwy setup.
Let's just say he likes a challenge and tends to get tired of working on the same old stuff. When I originally met him I was going to have him turbo the car, but plans change, like they always do with me....

Your certainly not going to hear him say a lot of the stuff you hear on these boards. MY suggestion is to talk to him, feel him out, and talk to the other customers that will be there. If you don't like what you hear then obviously don't bother, but if you get a good feel then go with it. That's all I can say.

ald42
06-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Hi Skip,I'll be there on the 16th, remember to serve the senior citizens first. thanks for putting this together,good job. :cool:

V8Supercoupe
06-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Rain date is the following day....the 17th.

Look forward to seeing some of you guys.

BTW AL....I tried calling you a awhile back...the phone just rang and rang....never got a machine so I never left a message.

ald42
06-05-2007, 03:40 PM
:) HI,Skip, my phone #'s are 353-5312 cell 954-3253,the rec.is on you'r getting older and your hearing may be sliping.it goes gradual so you don't notice it.as my wife likes to say no big thing!!!

V8Supercoupe
06-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Hey,,,,,hey ,,,,,hey!!! Don't try that old man stuff on me....Im only 34.....in fact, this year I have decided Im going back. In Nov. I'll be 33. My hair is growing back, my libido is increasing....hell, I'll be one buff dude before you know it.
:D

ald42
06-06-2007, 05:20 PM
I know I don't have enough yrs for this but hey anything is poss. bty you'ii know me at the meet cause I'm already a buff dude!!! :cool: btw I'm buying 93 sc,dark blue,grey leather,from VA.will use white '93 as parts car?? need to find a way to bring it home for cheap money?? it runs,not sure if I want to drive it back.one transporter in VA wants $1100,to much.will keep looking.thanks for the laughs.now that I got this computer thing down pat I'm gona git rid of the B@w tv and buy me a colored one. now thats a buff dude!!

V8Supercoupe
06-06-2007, 07:31 PM
I got this computer thing down pat I'm gona git rid of the B@w tv and buy me a colored one. now thats a buff dude!!

well don't let us down AL...go for the plasma.
I wish I could help oyu with transport, but coming from one that's been in the business.....it's going to be hard to find someone willing to transport cheap with fuel proces the way that they are.

ald42
06-08-2007, 10:09 PM
I got 10 quotes to trans sc to ri, range 450 to 700 but they are all brokers, have no expr. with this type of arrangment,if price is 600 u send broker 200,he finds trucker for 400 and u pay him when he delivers car to you??? I guess this is the way??? I thought u call a trucker and he delivers car and gets paid.no?? hey man maybe I am old?? let me know w u think. AL :confused:

ald42
06-08-2007, 10:17 PM
I got 10 quotes to trans sc to ri, range 450 to 700 but they are all brokers, have no expr. with this type of arrangment,if price is 600 u send broker 200,he finds trucker for 400 and u pay him when he delivers car to you??? I guess this is the way??? I thought u call a trucker and he delivers car and gets paid.no?? hey man maybe I am old?? let me know w u think. AL :confused: btw color tv is really great,they have got this thing down pat. do not know about this plaster thing??? I've gone far with color!! plaster??my walls are plaster,I don't know??

V8Supercoupe
06-09-2007, 11:22 AM
AL, it would depend on the trucking company in how they work it. An independent driver can negotiate his own fees. Personally, I don't think 6-700 is bad for transport considering the price of fuel.

6-700 doesn't get you much anymore....the price of everything is crazy.....

PETEp
06-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Take a bus down to VA. Rent a U Haul pick up truck with a car trailer. Nice ride and you dont`t get riped off because your there have fun :rolleyes: :cool:

V8Supercoupe
06-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Hey girls....we're still on.:D 81 degrees and clear skies.

V8Supercoupe
06-16-2007, 09:44 AM
starts at 12 today....I am already here...so stop in guys.

SCrazy
06-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Sorry I missed.

The kid was in a hockey tournament on Long Island and the finals were yesterday afternoon. I was expecting to be home for Sunday because their team usually stinks but they had a great tournament and won it all.

POST SOME PICS......................

V8Supercoupe
06-18-2007, 03:24 PM
There's none to show. PeteP and Al were the only 2 people that showed. It picked up a little and then died,,,,, but late in the afternoon it got pretty busy.

.....Pete was the only one with a bird but he left early on.

SEAHAWK
06-20-2007, 10:41 PM
I am here in Quincy, I have a 1997 Thunderbird. I wish I had been able to make the car show. Is there any other meets coming up? I really want to meet some other tbird lovers around here.

V8Supercoupe
06-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Seahawk, you could try the TCCOA. there are a lot of V8 guys on there with the newer birds.

I don't expect there to be any upcoming meets around here. If there are, someone else can have the luxury of setting them up. Member participation in this club is in the gutter.

PETEp
06-21-2007, 09:01 AM
We have had a few meets the best one was in RI. I think Skip put that together, I went to the same cruise night for five years. A few SCs showed up but not many. The best way ( I think) is to find a weekly cruise and say I will be at the cruise on that night hope to see some SCs there. Then no one does a lot of work for nothing. If we had a SC car club, with people that had a lot of time to put meets together that would be one thing but we don't. I have and will continue to post on our web page cruises and car shows that I will be going to. There is a great one in Wallingford CT at a dyno shop they for the show let you dyno your car for free. The high school in Meriden CT had a burn out pit bring your gas mask and laugh your superchargers off I will post them hope to see some SC this summer!:p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ald42
06-24-2007, 04:28 PM
:) HI,sorry it took this long to say thank you to skip for the fun Gerry and I had at the meet.I've been busy bringing '93 sc up from VA.it came in today,shipping cost me $450.cheap enough.It's what I wanted,non rusted,unmolested car.I can now begin teardown and ground up restoration. I will start w/teadown of '93 parts sc. soooo,Skip if u've nothing to do come on up sometime and the old guy I'll let u help!! b t w the food was great,also b t w if u need a hand on your project just call I'll be there.If anybody is out there this is what a car club is supposed to be about,helping one another.We can't wrench and get our hands dirty on the keyboard!!! If anybody needs a hand give me a shout. thanks, AL[the old guy].