information on ZR intake

90blkbrd

I purchased a used ZR intake and the prior owner used duct tape for the crank case vent hose seal. I'd rather not go that route.

Has anyone had to replace this seal?
Is there a part number on the seal?

Any help or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

How about hooking up the PCV system to it like it was originally designed? My car had the MN12 PCV Mod done to it which allowed unmetered air to be introduced into the engine. My hole was likewise covered with duct tape and it fell off on the way to the 1st MN12 Nationals. Until I went back stock I wrapped the entire tube with duct tape...then found a plug that fit into the hole.

I want to hook it up like stock (as it was originally designed) and I was hoping for some help on what grommet to use.

You can get a grommit at any parts store. I THINK they are in the help section and there are four to ten of them in a package of all different sizes. For a few bux, you will be in business.

Chris

All the fast SC's have the duct tape mod. As long as you prep the tube good it should hold. I would be more worried about a grommet or plug deteriorating and getting sucked in. Plus the duct tape is "flush mount" to not impede airflow.

Does anybody still make the ZR?

Plus the duct tape is "flush mount" to not impede airflow.
While I agree with the flush mount system doesn't the stickiness of the duct tape slow the air down in that specific area and create turbulence? I wonder if you could remove the adhesive from that area so it wouldn't hamper flow? I'd hate to remove the tape and find a bunch of air stuck to it.

Back