where to buy a spanner nut wrench?

Wanted1990SC

Where can I buy one? I know i can get one from SCP, but I was wondering if there was any other place that sells them a little cheaper.

Last edited:
Spanner wrench

I started to make up a cardboard pattern to make my own. Guess I could get busy on that.

I put a post on the "wanted" section when I needed one, and came up with one pretty quickly. There always seems to be people who are getting out of these cars, and have a used one to sell...

JD

Good idea! I posted something there! :p

Nothing like having the right tool for the job. Hard to get an accurate torque reading with a strap wrench, although several guys swear by them. I think I only paid something like $20-$30 for my spanner, used. The only change I make is covering both ends with black electrical tape to prevent marring the finish on the nut. Works like a champ. I still suggest getting the spanner; you won't regret it.

JD

I was hoping to replace the gaskets this weekend. I wish I could just walk up and buy it somewhere. Oh well, I may just bite the bullet and buy it from SCP.

I was hoping to replace the gaskets this weekend. I wish I could just walk up and buy it somewhere. Oh well, I may just bite the bullet and buy it from SCP.
Disconnect the upper IC tube from the IC and the top from the supercharger and remove as one piece, you don't need to separate them to get them off the car. This way you don't need a spanner wrench to replace the gaskets.

Disconnect the upper IC tube from the IC and the top from the supercharger and remove as one piece, you don't need to separate them to get them off the car. This way you don't need a spanner wrench to replace the gaskets.

EXCELLENT!! Thanks!!!

good point lol but what if your replacing that gasket between thos to spots

Don't forget the IC tube gaskets.....

I have never had a problem on the 10 birds that I have installed them on.....

Well, I broke down and ordered a spanner nut wrench from Bill at SCP today. I also ordered some teflon gaskets from Tin-Knocker105.

Just a side note, there are some really nice and cool people on this forum! Thanks!!!

My spanner wrench is made by Proto .. not sure where you can find those tools anymore. I have a few different sizes.

- Dan

Back