car goes to stall when you hit the brake

fasttbird12

the girlfriends sc goes to die when she hits the brake she said all the gagues go out and the car goes to stall i dident get to see the problem with it yet thats all she described to me i tried to describe it the best i could from what she is telling me just wanted to get a heads up to what you guys think b4 i look at it tonight when she gets home. only thing i can think of is the key switch is bad anyone have a new one sitting around

See if it actually when the brakes are applied - of if it's just actual low rpm, not moving and no gas.

If it stalls with low rpm, not moving and no gas - check to see if the bypass valve is opening. if not - there may not a vacuum leak, or the bypass valve may not be working.

If its a 89-92 vaccume is not used for the brakes. Only the 93-95 had the vac brake booster.

well the problem she was talking about dident happen to me while i went on a 30 min drive so i just went to autozone and they had a key switch in stock for 25 bucks so i changed it and she still hasent had a problem with it thanks guys

Back