Well its on the car **With a crappy video**Blower(my home port job)

92sclikenew

check out tell me what you think i know its a early style but still it was laying around and i dont have the money for any mp stuff..

still needs some cleaning up but hey its free...

Attachments

• DSCF1398.JPG
    DSCF1398.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 448
  • DSCF1399.JPG
    DSCF1399.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 370
  • DSCF1400.JPG
    DSCF1400.JPG
    233.4 KB · Views: 412
  • DSCF1402.JPG
    DSCF1402.JPG
    246.7 KB · Views: 583
Shouldnt the V be parallel to the sound ports. Looks good, what did you use to port it. Everyone uses something differant.

yea i havent finished the out let all the way yet but they need to match the rotors ok thanks... ill pull the rotor pack back out and show you guys the inside of that inlet port its way opener i kind of angled it out.

and ill get some pics of both my tools and that inside part...

hope it moves more air.... lol

both tools and inside of blower
i know the inside of the case is a bit beat up but hey it was free the whole blower and plenum:D

Attachments

• DSCF1404.JPG
    DSCF1404.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 312
  • DSCF1405.JPG
    DSCF1405.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 351
  • DSCF1406.JPG
    DSCF1406.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 304
  • DSCF1407.JPG
    DSCF1407.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 286
  • DSCF1409.JPG
    DSCF1409.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 293
Your time is worth nothing?

say what you want idk how a late model can be better cuz it has a square inlet only thing i dont have is coated rotors to the late model

so say what you want and like i said it was free and i have nothing to do so i was like hmm what could i do maybe ill make a better blower you never know :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D

and i swear i read some where manny gets better gains with early models then late models

Last edited:
say what you want idk how a late model can be better cuz it has a square inlet only thing i dont have is coated rotors to the late model

so say what you want and like i said it was free and i have nothing to do so i was like hmm what could i do maybe ill make a better blower you never know :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D

and i swear i read some where manny gets better gains with early models then late models

Of course it is cool to do work yourself. I was merely saying to not discount your time.

The late model is better because the inlet is positioned higher relative to the rotor lobes and because the inlet is bigger. Opening up the top "V" too much will reduce blower performance.

David

The late model is better because the inlet is positioned higher relative to the rotor lobes and because the inlet is bigger. Opening up the top "V" too much will reduce blower performance.

David

how much is too much on the V is mine too much or getting close...

what do you think dave is that good porting besides needing cleaned up..

and like 120 people viewed doesn't anyone have somthing to say... lol

Last edited:
I generaly cut 1/4 inch along the vee and make sure its alligned with the rotors.
on intake side the newer ones have better flow port is bigger but thats not the reason because i can make the port on earlier style even bigger than the newer style can go .
but because the newer style has the vee at inlet filled in what air gets in rotors stays there centrifical force wants to force the air outward and early models have that open vee that is used to feed the rotors which works against it at higher speeds.
coated rotors well they are cool but after a yr when the coating starts to fall off they are no better than the none coated ones.

not that coated rotors arnt worth it but a bad set of bearins can ruin a set fast as rotors mesh with worn bears

yea im not worried about no huge gain thats for the money mods(ones that cost)

and once i get the plenum done ill post some pics of that.. im still thanking of tryin to take some more out of the inlet idk yet lol...

but 12hp at the wheels inst to bad just to make more air move... and flow

I've take the V all the way to the back of the case with an early blower. So don't worry about your's being ported too much. I'm not sure if i really gained much performance, but I don't think it was detrimental at all. I still managed a new best of 14.3 @ 97 at the time with that blower. The bigger that V gets, the louder the blower will be though.

how much is too much on the V is mine too much or getting close...

what do you think dave is that good porting besides needing cleaned up..

and like 120 people viewed doesn't anyone have somthing to say... lol

I think the inlet looks pretty good...and I wouldn't go any larger on the V. Just concentrate on getting the edges of the V lined up with the rotor tips.

David

what are you gonna use to smooth that out I have used cross buffs to smooth out the porting of my heads "on my 5.0" would like to know what you are going to use. and porting is easy just takes alot of time, took me 5+ hours to do my set of e7's.

what are you gonna use to smooth that out I have used cross buffs to smooth out the porting of my heads "on my 5.0" would like to know what you are going to use. and porting is easy just takes alot of time, took me 5+ hours to do my set of e7's.

yea it is easy to port i think im gonna use these sanding stones i got.. to smooth them out i hope.. and what is a cross buff i might know if it was called somthing else

and thanks dave so you say just make the v parallel with the rotors

think im gonna get any good gains with this work... i got a 10% on the car now that will go on this blower if i ever put it on:)

Last edited:
Back