scp chips

sleeper bird

has anyone used bills chips,my main goal is to change the fan settings,but the more that i read it seems i need the tuner to be on site and on a dyno.i am not building a race car .i wouldnt mind it running a little better.the thing runs pretty good already.

has anyone used bills chips,my main goal is to change the fan settings,but the more that i read it seems i need the tuner to be on site and on a dyno.i am not building a race car .i wouldnt mind it running a little better.the thing runs pretty good already.

Get up with XR7 Dave his price on the chips is cheaper than Bill and Dave probably has more experience tuning and burning chips for our cars than anyone on the planet.

Jay

SCT chips are the best, hands down. But then again, any chip is only as good as the tuner programing it.

You have nothing but bad luck with everything! Theres bound to be something good coming your way, it's due!

No, thats not true. Most of my bad luck is created by my fellow man.
I had a deoblo(sp) chip before switching to a SCT chip. It worked better
than the SCT chip. After switching chips at the 05 shootout I put my
Deoblo chip by a folder holding dyno sheets on the back seat. I walked
up to watch the dyno shootout. When I returned to my car,I had no
dyno sheets or a Deoblo chip any longer. If I still had my old chip, I
could reinstall it. So no I do not have bad luck, not what I call bad luck
anyway.I only have bad luck dealing or being around some SCCOA
people.

Randy

Last edited:
Randy,

I thought you recently determined that your last HG faliure was due to improper torquing of the head, not the SCT chip.

David

(I have had nothing but trouble since installing a SCT chip.)
sorry Dave but this is a fact. Motor runs rich blows black smoke.
you seen this yourself following me to the interstate a few months later..
and made a statment about how fat it was running. My fan will not
turn on until the motor is very hot . With the avalable gas ,how could
you possibly do a proper tune in OK.I realize that other factors were involved. but you also had the chance to help me out a few month
later when you stopped by and stayed over.

(I am very happy with the SCT chip and tune and extra time david D put to help my project along.) This is true, I am very happy that you did the best
job you could do, and the extra time you put in doing your best.And stated so.

(rziblske77 busted thats funny dave D.,), For what, that you don't know the hole story. or your one of the few sack hangers on line here that wants to stick up for mistakes or dishonesty. Was you at the 05 shootout
around my car when items came up missing.?

David N. I know that the tune was the start of my problems. the first head
gasket started seaping on the dyno on the pull after SCT chip/tune was installed, not before...And I used 1/2 tank of gas from the dyno to
the motel after SCT/tune.How far was this drive ,10 to 15 miles?

On the second head gasket the only change was lowering blower over drive..

Third head gasket
And I brought up that one washer was not a ARP washer and it
had a slightly different torque value. Was it the total cause of my problem
definetly not. but it my have contributed, with the bad tune that could cause
a failure. Its fix now. I have the proper hard face washer to match now.
And the seaping gasket was no were ner the od washer.

Mike867509 Thanks for the sudjestion.

Sleeper bird, Sorry for getting your post off track. The SCT chip is a good
product. One good feature is that you can buy a switch to plug into chip.
Then you can have 4 tunes burnt on one chip .

Dave D.You know you & your little wrecking crew can continue try to twist the meaning of my post. Your the ones that are trying to cover up for somone elses mistakes or actions.

The only long term gains that your making is holding back this community
by bashing others. And you will not be able to run me off from posting by doing so, like you have others.
heres one Example,
bad tunes for the the first MPIIIs to discredit Charles work & his blowers. bashing Charles on line about his products. Just to make your
larger displacment A/R blower look better.When Charles MPIIIs were no
threat to the sales of your blower. When you could not even buy any
A/Rs to build and sell your blower set up.

How many vendors and fabricators do you plan to discredit and run off
on the SCCoA Dave D.? everyone ? With your little back up crew you
have done a good job at stopping a few projects from being introduce..
Keep up the good work.

I am done posting here.
Thanks Randy

Last edited:
I have been nothing but happy with my SCP chip and tune from Dave D. I have had this in there since early 05. My previous chip/tune made the car a coughing, spitting mess that would not idle for more than a few seconds. Now I can drive the car anywhere and have.

I seem to remember a few years back (probably 01-02 when I was more active in the club because I had first gotten my SC and was in high school, so I had the time) that the recommendation was "DON'T PUT A CHIP IN YOUR CAR! THE STOCK CHIP IS FINE!" I also remember SCP warning against chip/pulley combos. Has this since changed because of new technology?
When would you put in a chip, after you finish all your mods, or intermediately?

"DON'T PUT A CHIP IN YOUR CAR! THE STOCK CHIP IS FINE!" I also remember SCP warning against chip/pulley combos.

They were talking about the old Hypertech style one size fits all chips.
This is mainly referring to custom dyno burned chips or chips burned to a specific combo.

Sct Chip

I Have An Sct Chip In My Car From Xr7dave And Also Tuned By Dave, Works Great For Me Over 400rwhp And I Can Drive Anywhere Anyday And My Car Has Plenty Of Mods. Two Years Later And It Still Runs Great.

Mike :d

Randy,

I think you may have some of your facts a little mixed up.

In your own words, your first head gasket issue occurred with the stock head gaskets in the car at about 80,000 miles. You said
Randy N Connie said:
It would leak on start up.Giving me a cold idel miss,that was hard to find,and costly.
Finally the gasket got to leaking enough for me to figuar it out.But it never blue all the way
out.It would just foul out one spark plug for a short period of one minute,then start fireing
again
This is well documented on SCCOA.

Later you said
Randy N Connie said:
I first notice it on mine, when on my way to my last dyno tune. And
during the last dyno tune.

So which is it? Did the head gasket symptoms begin before the dyno tune, on the way to the dyno tune, during the dyno tune, or after you installed the SCT chip?

For those who don't know, the dyno tune being referenced here was performed by Brian Herron on a Diablo (correct spelling for future reference) chip.

After the above mentioned dyno tune you said
Randy N Connie said:
I am running a Dioblo chip,It got my Air fuel ratio right
but the car has never ran right over 50 miles at a time.

And you also said
Randy N Connie said:
My SC just has a ruff idea at start up when cold.
It seems to run fat when cold when first started.
This slight richness gets the plugs dirty but not
enough to faul.It runes fine after warm up.
But not perfect.Becauseof the rich fuel before
warm up.

And
Randy N Connie said:
I have never been able to get my car to idle

And
Randy N Connie said:
I love my SC but I am not able to get it to run right
nor is anyone else, that i know of.

This was AFTER the Diablo chip and Brian Herron dyno tune.

And finally just before the OKC Shootout
Randy N Connie said:
It has enough power to break the tire loose around 90mph.
This was with stock tires,& in drive.Its not to bad
now that I installed some Nittos.So the car runs fine except
running fat cold and right next to fauling the plugs.So because
of the dirty plugs it has some slight misses after warm up…..It has not dawned on me to get the
LM-1 hooked up then ship the unit to David D.for a chip burn.

So lets recap.

1) Car had known headgasket issues when first dyno tune was attempted.
2) Head gaskets were replaced.
3) Car "never ran right" and wouldn't idle.
4) You beat on the car sufficiently in this condition that it "broke the tires loose at 90mph."
5) After replacing the headgasket the car was not re-tuned.

No surprise here if the car was tuned with leaking head gaskets. The car needed to be retuned with the new gaskets. But that didn't happen did it Randy? Instead you bragged
Randy N Connie said:
I have no self control, when it comes to keepin the throttle off the floor.
And then
Randy N Connie said:
It has enough power to break the tire loose around 90mph.

There is no problem with driving your car any way you choose, but to blame me, the dyno and the drive to OKC for possible head gasket issues when you also admit to abusive behavior on an untuned combination that you knew had running issues is both irresponsible and slanderous.

It is a fact that I was at your place after the OKC Shootout. At that time I offered to retune your car but you refused saying that you had some other things you needed to do and you would contact me when you were ready for a retune! So far that has not happened.

There has never been any clear proof as to what happened between the dyno tune in OKC and the condition that the car is in now, but there is some evidence that may shed light on it for those who don't know.
Randy N Connie said:
The head gasket blue out right after a 5900 rpm use.

Randy N Connie said:
When it did blow out I was trying to blow it out..

But then later you said
Randy N Connie said:
Took my motor apart some time ago.Because I thought I had a blown
head gasket. Finaly pull the head off that had a blown gasket today.
The head gasket looks perfect.
This is the 2nd set of headgaskets. For those paying attention the first set were stock and they were leaking prior to the first dyno tune which was done by Brian Herron on a Diablo chip. This set of gaskets were new prior to the OKC Shootout and, when removed, did not appear to be blown.

Instead it appears that perhaps the car has a header leak of some sort
Randy N Connie said:
When the gasket went out, it sounded like a exhaust pipe fell off.
I check the exhaust zero leaks. But I could feel air pressure
pumping out between the block and head with my hand while
at a idle before taking the heads off.

I had no coolant leaks, and the gasket looks perfect.

I'm curious how you determine that the header had "zero leaks" but you "felt exhaust" coming out from a "perfect" headgasket? I know I couldn't be that certain with the clearance that SC's have between the header flange and the cylinder head.

If the headgasket was in fact OK, then it follows that you simply have a misdiagnosed exhaust header leak which will cause the EEC to read lean and dump fuel causing idle and driveability issues. If the leak was present in OKC as well then it has adversely affected the tune and could explain why the car has continued to get worse and worse since as the leak gets worse and worse over time.

Regardless, it was at this time that you installed MLS gaskets on a stock unmachined block knowing that there is a possibility that they may be sealing problems. This makes for the 2nd head gasket change. I have not seen or touched the car or the chip in any way since this time and therefore have no responsibilty whatsoever for what may or may not happen to this set of headgaskets. If you have blown out the MLS gaskets that is your own doing since you have refused to get any tuning assistance since that time nor have you indicated that you have fixed the exhaust leak. We have agreed that due to circumstances beyond either of our control the tune done in OKC is probably not effective at this time. The exhaust leak must also be fixed before any further effective tuning can be accomplished by anyone.

I could spend even more time defending the other accusations against me but they are so ludicrous and absurd that I will not spend the time. If you really think that I am here to run off all innovation and prevent any product other than mine to be available to the SC community then I'm sorry you feel that way but you are free to think what you please. Either way it would be wise for you to refrain from libelous posts about me and about SCT products.

David

Back