Autocross pics!

quick35th

I have been getting back in the swing of things lately when it comes to autocross so when my '92 is all ready I am not so rusty. I've been barrowing Lyndsay's SVT Contour at first then she bought a '01 GT mustang so now I am racing it. Here are some pics from the last event last sunday. In all honesty the track was a complete dust storm the first heat which netted no traction for me since I was running on street tires. If I recall I had not a single clean run the entire time. I was either spinning out or killing slaloms left and right :rolleyes: :D

wmr_0053.jpg

wmr_0054.jpg

wmr_0055.jpg

wmr_0153.jpg

wmr_0154.jpg

wmr_0191.jpg

100_0527.jpg

100_0530.jpg

Shane

I found the pics of me racing the SVT Contour on the net from three weeks ago. In the second pic you can see the the inside rear wheel is way off the ground. It got so bad that I got it up on two wheels :eek: :D

wmr_0395.jpg

wmr_0396.jpg

wmr_0496.jpg

wmr_0497.jpg

wmr_0498.jpg

wmr_0499.jpg

wmr_0500.jpg

Shane told me that the contour is really more competitive than the mustang, or at least that is how it seems as of right now. We are considering taking both cars to the next event, but I dont really want to race (since i'd probably kill myself or the car!), and he said he isnt able to race both himself. We shall see what happens...

Stang

Looks like fun, but wait.. where is the smoke that is supposed to be coming off the rear tires? Ohh... wrong event:D

yep - fun and not quite lifting a tire off the ground....

Attachments

• AutoCross (Medium).jpg
    AutoCross (Medium).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Looks like fun, but wait.. where is the smoke that is supposed to be coming off the rear tires? Ohh... wrong event:D

I dont care to much for them straight line events, to boring :eek: :D

Next stop Mid-Ohio this summer, as long as everything goes as planned.

Shane

not too bad - ... ;)

now that I added the supercharger - I belive I am out of class - so I do not know where I'll land... hope not 'open'....

Ummm... Excuse me but I believe I did not observe any Supercoupes in the photos... Surely this must have been an oversite on someone's part and will be corrected in the near future. ;)

I don't see how a stockish Mustang would be very competitive with an SVT Contour in an autocross. Contours handle ridiculously well, and Mustangs just aren't built for that. A lot would have to be done to a Mustang to get it to that level, and there would be a large sacrifice in ride quality and driveability to get it there.

Ummm... Excuse me but I believe I did not observe any Supercoupes in the photos... Surely this must have been an oversite on someone's part and will be corrected in the near future. ;)

Here is this better. :D

From Texas A&M club event in College Station. Actually finish second behind my son in his BMW M3.

Attachments

• rudduck2.jpg
    rudduck2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 69
  • rudduck3.jpg
    rudduck3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 71
  • rudduck4.jpg
    rudduck4.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 57
Shane, I'm assuming that was an SCCA event? Where do you go for local events?

Yup it was a SCCA event. The events are held by Ohio Valley Region of the SCCA of which I am a member of :D

We race at National Trails, OSU, and Cooper stadium. The next event will be at OSU June 6th.

Shane

Yup it was a SCCA event. The events are held by Ohio Valley Region of the SCCA of which I am a member of :D

We race at National Trails, OSU, and Cooper stadium. The next event will be at OSU June 6th.

Shane

how far from Hilliard is national trails? there holding a big muscle car event this weekend?

National Trails is in Kirkersville. From Hilliard, it is about a 30-45 min drive depending on how fast you're going, and how bad traffic is.

Back