clutch

shawpdx1

Im sure its been asked many times. Im looking to put a new clutch in my car. I want one that grabs better but I don't want a stiff pedal that tires me while driving suggestions? thanks

Check out the three stages of SPEC clutches offered by Bill at SCP. The softest one should be the Stage 1. That's the one I've got... just waiting to drop it in.

I've got the stage 2 clutch. It's pretty stiff, but tolerable. It would suck to do a lot of stop and go driving, but no manual is fun for that kind of driving anyways.

I've got the stage 2 clutch. It's pretty stiff, but tolerable
I agree with Chris I have a five spd with a spec stage one and one with the stock clutch. The spec is stiffer not allot but you can tell the difference. I can not say what the centerforce D/F feels like but maybe someone that has one can chime in. I myself would never use a stock clutch again after looking at the Difference in quality between a Luk (stock) and a spec or centerforce there was no comparison the high performance pieces are better built and in my opinion and the way to go.

Stage Two

I've got the stage 2 clutch. It's pretty stiff, but tolerable. It would suck to do a lot of stop and go driving, but no manual is fun for that kind of driving anyways.

I also have the Spec stage two clutch in my SC. It's no fun if you're in a crawling traffic jam.

The stock clutch was in it up to around 140,000. When I got on it hard with the stock clutch, I could smell the clutch burning due to slippage. Sure don't have that problem now with the Spec II.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

I have the Centerforce D.F. with a spec billet steel flywheel and love it. I can hardly tell the difference from stock in pedal feel.

Back