PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's back

gotti
05-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Hey fellow SCCoIA's. Aaron Gott here. I used to be pretty active when the club first started. Then she sat broke for a couple years, got deployed, came back, been going to school, and wallah, it's summer and I have some free time for fun stuff like this.

I sent my membership renewal to Mike, hopefully he got it already. I'm excited to see you all next time there's a meeting.

I have a couple crappy pics in my crammed driveway. The consequences of having a bunch of roommates with multiple cars. I'll take more for the site at a later date.

Here's what's been done:
Custom Resonator and back exhaust (I think the cats need replaced now too)
5% pulley
Tokico IIs all around
SCP (3/3.5"? Not sure) Fresh Air Intake (was taken off of car after wreck, need to put back on).
HiP Polyurethane front bushing kit
HiP Polyurethane rear spindle bushing kit
Pulyurethane rear shock mounts
(some of this polyurethane stuff my mechanic didn't have the tools for... I could use some help, especially someone like Mike :) )
New headlights (finally... they look great)
Clear corner lamps
Mach 1 Hood
New Paint

Own but haven't put on:
3.23 gears
Stage 1 HiP Clutch Kit (will also have tranny rebuild)
Some of the poly bushings. Not sure what. They're floating in the trunk.

Wants:
Fix the rest of the exhaust (not sure if I can afford headers... price or headache... shop would have to do it and that's $$$$)
Bigger and refurbed blower
Double IC + Fan
Larger MAF
Larger TB
Bigger injectors
New fuel pump
Find out why my engine is kinda noisy at idle
Fix the hood lifter problem
Fix all the stupid electrical problems I've got (headlight switch dimmer sucks, no interior lights, Antenna won't go down without manual assistance, Doors sag AGAIN after I thought the bodyshop rehung them, Various interior things that irk me, probably other problems you all have/had)

Oh, and the system:
Alpine CDA 9856 Deck + connected 20GB iPod
4 JL Audio TR57 5x7s
2 JL Audio W3s (I think they're 3's... I threw away the boxes)
1 JL Audio A4300 4 Channel Amp
1 JL Audio A1800 Monolock (sub) Amp

You'll notice my hood looks lopside. The passenger lift won't stay in, so the remaining lift pushes up on the drivers side a little. I could use a could of worn out hood lifts. Mine are still too strong anyway.

Also, the specs are bugs, not paint chipping.

CurtisPaulfrey
05-31-2007, 10:09 AM
If you dont like that hood I'll trade u

gotti
05-31-2007, 10:15 AM
I do like it, despite it seeming a little on the cheap side. I've got one minor crack in it ~I don't think it cracked thru, but it put a 1" long hairline in my paint. I was pissed when I noticed it.
Why, what do you have?

CurtisPaulfrey
05-31-2007, 10:31 AM
I have a sweet stock hood off of a 1990 SC :D

forcfed93
05-31-2007, 10:50 AM
I haven't seen the renewal come thru yet, but the mail doesn't get here until its damn, good, and ready ............. :D

Glad to have you back, we had some fun times during the club's early days and now we're have even more fun.

Hope to see ya soon, BTW, The car is lookin' good!!!!!

Thomas
06-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Hey, Ill bet you live in Ames and park at the armory a lot? Ive seen your car around. Ive got a silver 93 with a flat black Mach1 hood.

By the way, Im selling my mach1 hood, so if anyone local wants it I would much rather do that than ship it somewhere.

Thomas
06-03-2007, 10:39 AM
oh hey also, Ive got 2.25" true duals with high flow cats and glass packs if you dont already have a full exhaust and want one. I'd sell the shorty headers with it so it would be a complete bolt on for you, assuming you have a 91 or newer with the different gas tank. If you dont, I've got a newer gas tank and I'll sell it to you with the 255lph High Pressure pump in it.

gotti
06-04-2007, 03:15 AM
Yep, that's me. I work in that area. I already have exhaust, but it's not as nice as what you've got - it's a custom job, but only from the resonator - back.
How much are you talking? I'm not really inclined to spend a ton of money, and when I do, I've already got some plans for it, unless an awesome deal comes my way.