rad cooling fan ,

89tird

when i bought the car it came with a fan mounted with zip ties on the front of the radiator in front of the engine , it wasnt connected or anything , it has a ford logo on it but i dont know from which car , i think the guy took some plastic off the sides to make fit, anyways i tried the fan by jumping it directly to the battery it spins good , left or right , the only problem is that it doesnt have a thunderbird connector , it has a connector on the motor with 3 flat pins , instead of the male connector that goes to the female connector inside the engine comp, now is it safe for me run it on the battery with a switch or have it on all the time when the ignition is on ??? or should i just go with a oem fan ??
Image086-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Image098-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I could be mistaken, but that looks like a Ford Taurus fan. I have heard that they move much more air than the stock T-bird fan does. Maybe someone with some experience using it can chime in...

-Trey

im not for sure what its out of, but solider some wires on it where a plug should be or get some female connecters and put them on there you know what is high and low speed and ether wire it up with switch like you said (if thats what you want) or cut the stock plug off the tbird harness and put thos female connecters on ther...

just an opion

i thought the taurus fan had 9 blades ,this has 8 not sure though ill check, isn't it bad to have the fan running all the time with the switch?

on a side note , today started the car , and i saw the harmonic balancer moving around to much , but when i turned off the car , went and touched it and i saw that the plastic with the markings is loose , does this mean the balancer is bad ?? , also next to the dis to pulleys driven by the belt is this the belt tensioner ?? thanks

Back