Clear headlight lenses

Darth

I noticed that some of the people working on Projector headlight conversions had clear lenses on their headlights. Are those later years and if so, are they interchangeable with a 1992 SC?

I am asking this because it is time to replace my foggy headlights. For some reason the prices for 94-95 headlights appear cheaper, but I don't believe they are clear anyway.

Those are 96/97 Headlights and if you want to use them, you'll need to change the Hood, bumper cover, headlamp mounting panel, hood release latch and convert the wires to the single bulb style.

- Dan

now you dont have to do all that, sold my buddy the lights, coners, header panel........and did a quick swap.....yes theres a small gap between the hood but is not that noticable...especially to those not familiar with the cars like ourselves.
He may have had to modify his latch later on but as far as i know he hasn't done anything else to his car.

If you have a 94/95, yes its a quick swap and its not necessary to change the hood, bumper cover, or re-wire the lights. And the early style hood latch is not as long as the 96/97.

For the 89-93's, you'll need to do what I mentioned above.

You can use the 94/95 bumper / hood with the 96/97 lights, but if you want to use the 89-93 cover and hood, there is more custom fabrication work involved with making the hood / bumper cover work with the lights. It has been done before on Lonnie Doll's 1992 Tbird which uses the early style bumper cover, and an 89-93 style Cervinis Mach 1 hood which had been custom made to fit the 96/97 lights and early style bumper cover.

- Dan

Back