how to test low speed fan ?

thundrburd

I am trying to make sure the fan is actually working since it isnt coming on even after the car is way over the m, and I know there is something that you can unplug to check but cant remember what it is, can someone inform me of the way to check and make sure that the low speed fan is actually working ? thanks

All else fails, unplug the connedctor, and jump directly to the battery. The middle (black) is ground, the other two are low and high speed. Remember, only connect one speed at a time.

Nick

Low speed will be the brown / yellow wire and the high speed fan will be the brown / orange wire.....

Black is your ground.....

OK, well both fans come on, so what could be causing them to not come on at all now ? does the ircm cause that ? if so where can I get a new one ?

OK, well both fans come on, so what could be causing them to not come on at all now ? does the ircm cause that ? if so where can I get a new one ?

IRCM buddy. Theres a wire that you could cut on the IRCM so the low speed fan is on when the key is on thus making your car run cooler. You might wanna do a search on that

well it decided to come on again last night, but I dont trust it, is that a sign that the ircm is going bad ? and I will check later big E, but if you dont have one, where would one go to get one ? thanks for the help

Back