Changing FPR

Melon

SCCoA Member
I'm working at changing my FPR, hoping it's related to my starting/running problem. A quick question though - I know I haveta take the fuel rail off the manifold and unclip from the injectors - but do I have to unhook the rail from the lines? Or will I be able to manuver it around enough to undo the bolts that hold the FPR on the rail?

Thanks
-Melon

There should be no problems to change the regulator without removing the lines, You will be able to move the rail to the passenger side to work on it. Just remember to get rid of the pressure before removing anything!!

Thanks - I just wanted to double check before I went back up and found out I would have to remove the lines as well. I'm not 100% sure of what tools my grandpa has (my 'Bird is sitting in their shed) but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a fuel line disconnect tool.

And oh yeah - I'll make sure theres no pressure in the lines :D I might be crazy, but I ain't dumb haha

-Melon

depending on what year SC u have, it'll either have 2 or 3 bolts holding it to the rail. you have to loosen them from underneath the regulator. so i think u'd be better off pulling the rail off the intake manifold to do it. its easy, just 4 torx bolts.

I wouldn't remove the injectors from the rail either. Just lift them out of their holes after removing the 2 hold down bolts on either side of the rail. Just protect the pintle caps from damage while they're out. Remove the IC tube elbow from the lower intake as well. It's a bit difficult to get to the adjusting screw on the new regulator when it's all back together.

Yeah, I was planning to unbolt the rail from the manifold to give me more working space - but wasn't sure about disconnecting it from the fuel lines that lead to it...

I wouldn't remove the injectors from the rail either. Just lift them out of their holes after removing the 2 hold down bolts on either side of the rail. Just protect the pintle caps from damage while they're out. Remove the IC tube elbow from the lower intake as well. It's a bit difficult to get to the adjusting screw on the new regulator when it's all back together.

I've got the blower totally out, and the plenum and lower IC tube off so it's easier to get to it. I hadn't thought about leaving the injectors on the rail - my original plan was to pull the C clips off and leave the injectors in? Perhaps I'll do it that way though. One way is probably just as easy as the other :confused:

Thanks
-Melon

The fuel lines really aren't that hard to remove. I use the same blue and red line disconnect tools I use for the A/C lines, available from any autoparts store. The connections come apart easily with the tools. I found that removing the little clips that hold the injectors onto the fuel rail are a pain to pull out and reseat though, and if you drop one and lose it, well......

I have the disconnect tool, Andy should you be in town. I also have your 1/4" rachet and 10MM socket

Ken

Back