PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Ride.....

SuperChicken89
06-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Take a look at we're driving for the week. I'm here in Palm Springs, CA for a conference and decided to rent a fun car for a change. Rented from Hertz before they sell them all off. It is a fun car that is for sure but not quite as quick as the Cobra. We had a whole lot of fun driving it over here from San Diego through the mountains. I know we will be spending some more time on that road before the week is out.

Bryan

Cobra85
06-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Very cool. Too bad I won't be able to take it for a spin :D

SuperChicken89
06-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Very cool. Too bad I won't be able to take it for a spin :D

Just meet me out here and you can take it for a spin on the company's dime:D

Here is a picture of the road we have been having all the fun on. Nice and twisty and turney.

Bryan

Gregthespy
06-03-2007, 02:39 AM
Here is a picture of the road we have been having all the fun on. Nice and twisty and turney.
:( Why can't Florida have roads like that?!?! I remember thoes roads from my trip out to Cali, unfortunately the Mustang I rented was just a Vert 6cyl auto. but I ragged the heck out of it regarless!;) :D

SuperChicken89
06-03-2007, 12:15 PM
:( Why can't Florida have roads like that?!?! I remember thoes roads from my trip out to Cali, unfortunately the Mustang I rented was just a Vert 6cyl auto. but I ragged the heck out of it regarless!;) :D

Well number one is the mere fact we don't have any mountains:D Landfills don't count as a mountain :rolleyes: We used to have some fun roads in Seminole County but the powers to be decided to straighten them all out and make them boring.

I've got absolutely nothing to do until 5:00pm today. So I'm going to give the GT-H a beating:D

Bryan

SuperChicken89
06-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Wow!! I hope you are having fun but please come back home safely. Pretty incredible road. Wish I was there with you to enjoy it.:p (Looks like you are replying to yourself. Hope others don't get confused.):confused:

Edit:

I don't know who this unauthorized person is using my screen name. Please tell them to stop or I will be forced to call the web police.

Bryan

onequiksc
06-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Heather's so cool...I mean, who else's better half posts on this board?

Hell, Greg and I are still hoping for a woman like that!

Bry, you make me ill (in a good way of course). Be safe, and watch out for those coyotes. Ungawah!

:P

IMNVS :D

Gregthespy
06-03-2007, 07:29 PM
(Looks like you are replying to yourself. Hope Dan doesn't get confused.)

There we go, I fixed it for you Heather!

SuperChicken89
06-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Wow!! I hope you are having fun but please come back home safely. Pretty incredible road. Wish I was there with you to enjoy it.:p (Looks like you are replying to yourself. Hope others don't get confused.):confused:

Now I'm confused:D

I'll be home safe and sound!

I had a whole bunch of fun on that road today (SR 74). Made 4 round trips consisting of 22 mile trip each time and burned up 3/4 of a tank of gas at $3.56 per gallon:eek: I found that the revlimiter is set to just under 6,000 rpm's:D I hit 100 mph a few times and only scared myself one time going down hill. It seems you can gain some additional speed when gravity works against you (in this case). The front pushed out a little on rough pavement when entering a 180 degree turn a little too fast. Needless to say if I had run off the road it would have been a long way down topped off by a hard landing. I had to pull over and check my shorts after that one:D After that experience, I did slow down a tad;)

Here are a few additional pictures....

Bryan

SuperChicken89
06-03-2007, 09:30 PM
I love you guys!! (yes, it's H not B);)

onequiksc
06-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Very funny Gerg, I won't give you a ride (well..push) in my Pacer now. :P

Bry, that B sum serious road sign, I'd be skeered! Glad you're in one piece, as I'm sure Heather does too.

Sweet90SC
06-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Man!...That made me thirsty...:D

Hey Heather...PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!:D :D :D

Well, thats what Carla says since Bry has takin off to Cali rented a Shelby and left Heather to fend off a tropical storm all alone:rolleyes: OOOHHH.. You Baaaaaaad boy!

Can I co..WHAP! OUCH!!!:eek:

Rats!:mad:

Sweet90SC
06-09-2007, 12:14 PM
R U Back yet Bryan????