Surging fixed

90redsc

Fixed the surging by resealing the tubes. Car idles great, vacum VG. Still no fan when AC on, There is power at teh IRCM, fan does not go on when hot either. Any ideas?

Fixed the surging by resealing the tubes. Car idles great, vacum VG. Still no fan when AC on, There is power at teh IRCM, fan does not go on when hot either. Any ideas?

wire the fan directly to the battery..confirm that the fan motor is good.

OK, there reason I had not done that earlier, is tha tI had replaced the fan just before the crank went on it. Ill let you know.

I checked the fan and it works...No power at the leads when AC on. Side note I do not know if they are related or not. power windows began to act up I heaqr the motor but the window does not go up or down (both sides) Drives side was working before.Then it began to act like the passsenger side. Now neither go up or down and the set belt alarm is very low. Can bearly hear it. The engine runs fine. Any other ideas where to look?

If you have no power coming FROM the IRCM and have confirmed power into the IRCM then likely the relay(s) inside are not picking up properly. That assumes you do have power into the IRCM and your AC is functional (meaning it is not locked out on too low of freon pressure). Not sure what the other issues are about but I would be looking for grounds being in place and tight all around.

And also assuming that there is a good ground for the IRCM as Duffy implied. The ground for it is forward of the radiator and condensor on the radiator support. If you need a pic let me know.

Please send a pic of the ground you mentioned. I will check all other grounds to make sure I haven't missed any. One final question. Should I see power with a test light at the temp sensor by the DIS? I have pulled it with the car running and have used a test light. It doesn't show power?

Thank again from both of you.

Please send a pic of the ground you mentioned. I will check all other grounds to make sure I haven't missed any. One final question. Should I see power with a test light at the temp sensor by the DIS? I have pulled it with the car running and have used a test light. It doesn't show power?

Thank again from both of you.

is that temp sensor by the dis the one for the fan? If so all that does is ground itself when it reaches a certain temperature thus turning the fan on

If the AC is locked out on low freon, will that prevent the fan from working?

It shouldn't prevent the fan from working when the ECT sensor detects "high" coolant temperature (normal fan operation), but I believe it would prevent the fan from coming on automatically when the AC is turned on. Since the fan gets triggered by charge sensor/switch for the compressor when you turn the AC on, if the compressor isn't functional, the switch probably won't trigger the fan either. Of course, I could be wrong about this (I'm not a mechanic, and I don't play one on TV).

[]Yes.

Another way to check fan is the KOEO test.
I am getting Code 11 which tells me it should be ok.

Back