passanger side loud sound

89tird

my car sounds like a loud truck on the right side and like a normal 6 banger on the left side , i got under the car today and i noticed 3 of the bolts that hold the exhaust manifold in place are loose , one of them its engaged in the hole by like 2 threads , and it looks like one of the holes in the gasket is not even aligned , ill try to get some pics tomorrow , can this be causing the loud sound ??

also while i was under i saw the spark plugs and i managed to pull the back one preety quick , it came out with a black sooty coating and a lil wet ( running too rich ?? ) and i also saw it was a bosch platinum which i hear nobody likes for fords , it looks like the plug was kind of new , can anybody tell me what could be causing the spark plug to look like this ?

Image102.jpg
[/IMG]

You have blurry plug syndrome dude! If that infects the rest of your plugs it will never run again. It took me quite a while to figure out that the noise on the pasenger side was just my wife yelling at me to slow down! So slow down, and see if that pesky noise doesn't fade into the back ground some what. Seriously folks, it sounds lke you have several things going on there. It's probably time for some plugs, plug wires, and a exhaust gasket. Has it had the head gaskets done before? I would go all around that engine making sure it had all the bolts in all the bolt holes, and that they were all nice and tight. When that's all done tell us if the noise is still there.
Danny

lol i would never use bosch on a ford not even o2 sensors ,i just bought some autolites standard, i forgot to mention that the noise its at idle im not driving the car yet, the guy said they did some work on the car before and that it got a rebuilt tranny and reconditioned heads, but then again tranny pan leaking some ang hg might be shot so maybe this is why these bolts are loose ?? i might need some wires they look old

bought the lil fancy gapping tool from autozone but only shows 40 45 50 60 80 gaped one plug (autolite 2544 copper) to 0.50 is this good?

Back