stock boost?

f2tmx6

isnt it 12lbs?
my car is only pushing 8,sometimes 9. idles rock solid at 1000rpms. pulls about 18inches of vac at idle. belt appears to be good,and tight. also, shouldn't you be able to hear the sc'r? even w/ a open intake i cant hear it. not a big deal,headgasket should last longer w/less boost:D would be nice to have the extra psi though. any help would be greatly appriciated.
btw, i know the propane trick,and i checked the tightness of the ic pipes. i'm not new to f/i at all, i've had three f2t's (mx6 gt,probe gt,626 gt) and one 94 probe gt w/a t3 60trim.

how many miles are on the SC and the engine ?

most likely its the bypass not closing all the way.

but it could be that your blower is just worn out.

not sure,the engine/sc'r was swapped out from a xr7 before i got the car
so when the car is idling its open? and when the vac. goes into the positive the solenoid should close? hmmm,should i try unplugging the vac line from it and see if that makes a difference?

yea u can try that. it won't hurt anything. just remember to hook it back up afterwards.

at idle and in vacuum while driving, there is enough vacuum there to hold the bypass open. as soon as u go into boost, vacuum pressure drops to nothing and the bypass should snap shut.

thanks for the help. i read the faq on leaks. i did notice behind the blower there's a "v" with two 3/8"s lines,niether had hose clamps,and one appeared to be cracked at the base. it builds boost quickly,it just stops right at what i said earlier. perhaps the blower just needs to be replaced.
i did notice that the actuator arm did feel like it was binding up a little when i was manual moving it back and forth.

it holds 9psi all the way to redline.
to my knowledge the car is stock. the exhaust might be aftermarket though,sounds louder than other sc's i've heard.
what should the car pull for vac? while reading i saw someone said his car pulls the "normal 23-26 hg's" is that correct?

it holds 9psi all the way to redline.
to my knowledge the car is stock. the exhaust might be aftermarket though,sounds louder than other sc's i've heard.
what should the car pull for vac? while reading i saw someone said his car pulls the "normal 23-26 hg's" is that correct?

no thats not normal, it should be 18-20 in/hg at idle

yeah,i watched that one yesterday actually. lol. it looks like you dont really get much more than 10 either?

Back