fuel cut or something

damontis

So the story goes...
Once I was driving on the freeway testing my 1990 SC 5-speed and had the needle buried in the speedo but the hadnt hit my rev limit. The car car bogged and wouldnt boost or spray fuel to allow me to go faster. Now just this weekend I was driving a couple of hundred miles and got on the gas a couple of times, but this time boost wouldnt even peak a 12psi and the car would bog. The bogging only happened when i had my foot all the way on the gas. If i let up a little it would start spraying again. What the hell is going on? Is this something else im gonna have:mad: :( to fix?

The car is mostly stock excepept for a big ~~~ intake and the resinator has been replaced with a y-pipe. dont know about plugs or wires. I have the screamin demon coil pack.

I think it's an air leak after your blower, any lack of fuel at those speeds usually blows motors.

Just a thought

the thing is, I dont think that fuel is the only thing that is being cut. I dont think that it gets anything, spark or air.

the chances of your engine not getting air AND fuel are very slim.

u have more of a chance not getting spark or missing with crappy wires and plugs.

pull em and let us know what they look like.

Last edited:
That's exactly how my friend blew his head gaskets...except I believe he was using 87 octane fuel because premium was more like $2.00 :rolleyes:

The spark plugs will tell the truth of the matter...

Back