Even Pro Street has a bad day sometimes! update!!

• Thread starter pro street rich
  • Start date
P

pro street rich

Even Pro Street has a bad day sometimes! update!!

Well I have been working on one of my 35th's and just got to take it for a spin. I went down the road to our 1/4 mile track to do a little testing. Well all the way there everything was great,lots of power and it felt really good. Got it all lined up and droped the hammer, there was smoke rolling out from everywhere and as I eased it up to the line I was ready for a good test. Well the car took off like it was shot out of a cannon and hit its shift points just right form first to second, when it got to thrid the rev kill shut it down,and there was no power to the rear wheels. I am not quiet sure what went south,but its in the trans. Oh well so much for testing on a nice day in may....Back to the drawing boards,or at least the tool box.....Rich.....P.S. this one might even send the Calf Flash running!!!! If I can get more that two gears to work that is.....

Re: Even Pro Street has a bad day sometimes!!!

Rich:

It sounds like you broke the 3-4 or as it's sometimes called the inner shaft. Lentech sells a hardned replacment for around $200.

Good luck, David

Yea sounds line the inner shaft snapped. I did it on my car a year ago. Luckily that is an easy swap. Let's hope it's nothing more serious.

Thanks for all the advice on this,but it's still new so i will send it back and get a new one. I will ask what went wrong and post here if they tell me. The guy already said he wants to know how much porse power,but my answer to him was,don't know this thing didn't last long enought to find out. Oh well if you go fast you have to pay fast,and often as well......Rich

did u get a time slip?

what was your 60 ft time??

how much did u get for times

Ray

No slip,no need for it if you are broke and coasting off the side. When its back together we will try again. The guys will pulll it on Friday and then we can get to the broken parts....Rich

Throttle down

Rich sorry to here of this its always something in testing
you will get her dialed in when its fixed

I am going to test in June and crack the record a lot of development went into my motor we cant wait

Good luck in getting her back in top form bring her to Bakersfield August 24th and well Match Race one on one heads up what do you say ??????????? The Flash is Back

well

i think the record u are gonna set will be the longest build of an engine where now work is done

oh wait thats me :)

Ray

Re: update and comment for FordPower

Well that trans is toast.... not even the case is going to be good,cracks...When the guys got it out we took a look inside it to see if there was anything to see,well there was lots of very small parts and some of them looked like they got VERY mad. The long and short of it is this was a good example of what happens when the tires grab and maybe someone forgot something in the building stage. There is so much damage that I don't know if they will be able to find the bad guy. Oh well on with the show...One more thing, I think that Fordpower has me mixed up with someone,I am not out to set any records with this car, thiisone is to be one that you can take a cruise with and still kick some butt on the way...Rich

Rich,

I think FordPOWER INC's comment was directed at Mr. Demmit. Just read one post further back!!! ;)

Good luck with the replacement tranny!

Cheers,

Rich, you gave me a good laugh! That is some funny stuff.
well there was lots of very small parts and some of them looked like they got VERY mad.

:lol:

Back