Power steering line fitting - what is it?

JeffTBird93

highpressurefitting.jpg

The thing that I've circled in the picture...what is it? I'm replacing my high pressure power steering line due to a leak that I believe is coming from the end of the line. I replaced the one on my 95 LX not long ago, but it didn't have this piece on it. It looks like some kind of pressure port. Should I replace this? Are they known to leak? The rubber O-ring looks good when I took it off the old line. And lastly....what is it referred to as? Thanks.

That's at the pump side and it's there for the valve used to modulate power steering line pressure. Gives the variable pressure on the SC cars steering.

Or not. Can't recall now, that could be the one that's at the rack too. I thought that had a viewing window in it.

Last edited:
Yeah this is the one that's at the rack. The one that's on the pump side I got off just fine and it looks to be fine yet. Whatever this is...the black rubber cap comes off. And there's like a button on it you push, almost like to relieve pressure.

Yeah, I'd like to know too. There is no switch or anything else there, it's almost like a pressure relief valve.

Nick

Back