decoding paper clip code blinks(video)

Looks like a 111 (pass), a 212 and a 214. It takes a little bit, but you get the hang of reading them after a while. You can also rerun them as many times as you want.

your 212 code is Loss of ignition diagnostic monitor signal-short to ground in spark output circuit (???)

and the 214 is cylinder identification sensor-circuit failure (which usually means bad DIS)

will a bad dis make my car struggle to start , i replaced the gel under it , still the same , is missing the top cover though , i could see all the circuits and stuff

give us your symptoms and maybe we can pinpoint it to a certain part.

alot of things can make it hard to start....

no tach , tries to start if i keep trying , it tries to die and comes back to life again but doesnt crank up , bad cam sensor ?? i think 212 and 214 relate to the same , no tach could mean bad cam sensor also right ?

thats what it sounds like

those are the usual symptoms of the cam sensor goin bad.

its like $35-40 for the part so no biggie really.

yea im gonna go get one from autozone , they also have a rad cooling fan that i need made by compressor works , is this anygood ?? anybody tried it ??

yep just changed the cam sensor , started right up , tach works , reads between 600-800 at idle , buttt still smokes white :eek: , it started smoking after the car was idling for 2 minutes !! coming from right passanger side from like under supercharger or by where right rocker cover is at , no smoke in the tail pipes , i filled the supercharger with gm oil not too long ago and it dripped some , theres a lil puddle of oil down there , dont know if the exhaust could get so hot after two minutes to start burning oil ??

oh wait recently i sprayed some wd40 at the exhaust manifold bolt maybe some got on it and its burning off ??? hopefully:D

yes it will get that hot after 2 mins.

but it should burn off anything u spill on it within an hour of driving it.

take it for a spin and see if it's still smokin when u get back in ur driveway.

:D i wish but no insurance no registration no tag , and no fan, im making it roadworthy before it hits the streets. it'll be the only sc ive seen in miami

Back