Power Door Locks Won't Unlock

redheadedbird

Hey all, I have checked the other posts first to see about an answer to my problem, but nothing in specific. Here is what is going on. 91 SC , power door locks will not unlock from either door lock/unlock switches. They will unlock from keyless entry on the outside drivers door. I checked both of my switches and they are ok. I run a jumper wire from drivers side door switch to pin 11 of module in trunk and and drivers side door unlocks yet passengers still doesnt work. I then run a jumper from passenger side lock/unlock to drivers side w/ the jumper from driver side to module still in place and all is well. Am I bypassing a possible relay problem? I thought maybe a short circuit, but there was no re-wiring of any sorts and this problem just creeped up, as they all do with this car. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

JC , OH

Just a shot in the dark, but it might be the keyless module mounted in the trunk. Perhaps the door lock signal goes through that box from the switch to the lock solenoid (?). I'll check my 91 FSM and EVTM tomorrow to see if I turn up anything insightful.

JD

I had a similar problem. Try removing door sill lift up carpet and you will see a large wiring harness. There will be a factory splice on a pink with a colored stripe (same color as back of switch) moisture got in here and corroded the connection. I cut and soldered a new connection and re-insulated. Also while you are there check the green with yellow stripe connection. This is for your interior lights engine bay and trunk lights and also goes to the keyless module in trunk. Good luck.

I had a similar problem. Try removing door sill lift up carpet and you will see a large wiring harness. There will be a factory splice on a pink with a colored stripe (same color as back of switch) moisture got in here and corroded the connection. I cut and soldered a new connection and re-insulated. Also while you are there check the green with yellow stripe connection. This is for your interior lights engine bay and trunk lights and also goes to the keyless module in trunk. Good luck.

Exactly what I had too! (corroded connections from dealer installed alarm). Cut wire back until good copper was found, then resoldered. It's been fine ever since.

Back