Rear Subframe bolts

91_SC_BIRD

I'm replacing the 2 bushings on the front of the rear subframe. I feel that taking those bolts out are gonna be impossible, I'm worried about snapping them in the frame. Does anyone one have the specs for those 2 bolts

I'm replacing the 2 bushings on the front of the rear subframe. I feel that taking those bolts out are gonna be impossible, I'm worried about snapping them in the frame. Does anyone one have the specs for those 2 bolts

I just bought mine from ford not cheap. I think they where around $20 for two:eek:

Kevin, they are M12 x 1.75 x 130 mm long, grade 10.9 hardness. If you want to try ordering them from your local dealer, N805747 S100 is the hardware number for them.

cheers
Ed N.

Well I'm changing the mounts, but I didn't want to pay over 20$ for a bolt...

Thanks for the spec Ed, I'm going to call the local fastening places to get them!

btw Ed, I got the emblem today, Thanks!

Just to let you know, I got two bolts for $5 with tax at a local place, they had them in stock.

Ain't that just funny :) And sooo suprising.. When i was redoing the front suspension on my '91, i bought LCA's from Ford, and they never came with the Nuts for the ball joints.. and they wanted like $2 each or something stupid.. So i Went to work, went through the Metric Hardware catalog (2+ inches thick) Found some 10.8 Nylocks (think they were M12x1.75??) and like 10 cents each!! (would of been ALOT cheaper if i bought 100 ;) )

And I'm gonna be having to replace my Subframe, and I too have fears of the Bolts holding the subframe on :(
I've seen some scarey things on here about what people had to do to get them out

Ain't that just funny :) And sooo suprising.. When i was redoing the front suspension on my '91, i bought LCA's from Ford, and they never came with the Nuts for the ball joints.. and they wanted like $2 each or something stupid.. So i Went to work, went through the Metric Hardware catalog (2+ inches thick) Found some 10.8 Nylocks (think they were M12x1.75??) and like 10 cents each!! (would of been ALOT cheaper if i bought 100 ;) )

And I'm gonna be having to replace my Subframe, and I too have fears of the Bolts holding the subframe on :(
I've seen some scarey things on here about what people had to do to get them out

Crazy ain't it!!

Well I did the job today, I took the impact to the bolts, one snapped, the other one turned the fastnut or whatever they call it. I used a holesaw to make a hole in the side, removed the fastnut and tomorrow i'm going to get some nuts and washers and put that in instead and then reweld the holes I made.

Not as bad as I thought, I used a sawzall to cut the bolt flush with the frame on the car, then pried out the fastnuts. The rubber was a bitch to remove, it was in there pretty good! I'll take some pics tomorrow.

I took some pics but forgot the camera at the garage:rolleyes:

Does anyone have the torque spec for that bolt, I couldn't find it anywhere

Kevin, they are M12 x 1.75 x 130 mm long, grade 10.9 hardness. If you want to try ordering them from your local dealer, N805747 S100 is the hardware number for them.

cheers
Ed N.

Ed,

Does the shop manual have the specs for the hardware that goes into the car at different locations, or do you just have the magic metric touch?

-Josh

Back