AutoRotor Pulley Size Question

SilverBullitt

Well, I bought me a new supercoupe and I pick it up June 30th...it is this car

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86029

The guy I am getting it from is Named Ross...this used to be BOOSTEDBIRD's car...In Las Vegas where the car was recently tuned...it made 355rwhp at 5400 rpms...in 105 degree weather and with a heatsoaked intercooler. According to Ross and the Tuner, the car is making 23-24psi which is too much and causing too much heat...I am bringing this car down to Texas where it is a lower elevation.

Here are my Questions

I want to lower the boost...What size pulleys are made for the autorotor? Ross measured it and it is 3.25" outside diameter if that is how it is measured.

What pulley should I go to if I want to lower the boost to say 18-20 psi?

When the car was dynoed, We expected more power but we just think this blower is being overdriven to much for this car...any ideas?

140838.jpg

After looking at this picture, I'm almost certian the car has an overdriven jackshaft pulley (probably 10%). Rather than installing a larger supercharger pulley, I would switch to a jackshaft pulley with less or no overdrive. Pulley diamater is usually measured from the top of the ribs. I've got a 3.25" on mine with a 10% od jackshaft and only getting 19-20 pounds of boost at 500-600 ft above sea level. Yours might actually be a 3" pulley wich is the next smaller size, if that's the case then it would be easier to switch to a 3.25" pulley than changing the jackshaft pulley.

Dave Dalke is the person to contact for a larger supercharger pulley.

David

Last edited:
Back