Power Steering pres. line replacement

FineLineMtrSprt

Ok it needs one bad...89 SC 5spd. Anyone got a listing or know of a how-to best way on replacing the power steering pressure line. Ive talked to one guy and he said he had to take off the intercooler tubes on his and some other stuff so just wanted to make sure sure...so just let me know.

Vince

When I did mine I removed both IC tubes and removed the bolts holding the PS pump/ alt bracket and tilted it forward. Also I removed the oil filter.
Its not a fun job.

Removing the lower intercooler tube is not necessary, just loosen it. When I did mine I had to "gently" jack up the motor as well. Might be a good time to look at replaceing motor mounts & the oil pressure switch.

Takes time

I changed mine earlier this year.

Took the upper IC tube off, coil pack, alternator, IC and then unbolted the accessory bracket and moved it forward so there was plenty of room to work.

From there you can access both ends of the pressure hose. When installing the new hose I had to get under the car to make sure that switchback loop in the hose was in the correct position before putting everything back together.

I didn't think it was that bad of a job. Like everything else on an SC, it takes time and patience.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Thanks guys...and yes i have to do Motor mounts as well...along with plugs and wires..so i might as well try and get all this crap done at once.

Back