PDA

View Full Version : Need some info Quick ! Running with NO SC Belt .. How long / far ???

Ddubb
06-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Just talked to PJ .. hes making the trek from Canada to Southern Ca. Up in Nor-Cal, he ran into some problems, oil, smoke, fire, etc ... apparently there is something wrong with the supercharger snout seal, or something .. so right now he is either stuck, or trying to make it with no Belt. Hes got at least 300 miles to get to where Im at so I can help him out ( unless I drive up there somewhere along the lines ) .. and there are some mountains in between where he's at .. but after that, its a straight shot down here.

So how bad is it to run without the Supercharger belt ?/ He says he can get up to speed, 60 mph + but its running extremely slow. Any advice, or anybody in FAR nor-Cal able to help ???

Thanks in advance.

- Dan

Andrew89SC
06-07-2007, 09:02 PM
I think it would be fine for him to drive to your house. I drove my car for 1000+km with no belt and had no Iíll effects, that I know of.

I would not recommend driving it back to Canada. Although I think it could be done as a last resort.

When you speak to him let him know that Andrew form sccowc and all of the sccowc members wish him a safe trip home.

-Andrew

Ddubb
06-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Yeah I dont see why it wouldnt make it here .. as long as it drives at highway speeds. I am going to help him and work on the car when he gets in my area, where we have spare parts, tools, etc .. or I could possibly drive up as far as Sacramento, but thats still 250 miles from where he's at right now. Ill give him a call in a little bit and find out whats going on.

- Dan

ricardoa1
06-07-2007, 09:24 PM
If you are easy on the trottle it should all go try the bypass.

David Neibert
06-07-2007, 10:41 PM
With the bypass valve wired open, it should drive as far as you want without the supercharger belt. There is also no need for preimum fuel without the supercharger being functional.

David

Ddubb
06-07-2007, 11:34 PM
I talked to him a little bit ago .. he says there are more problems than just the SC now .. its making a knocking sound and not running good at all, so he'll be heading back on a flatbead truck.

- Dan