underdrives pulleys

cachethunder

hi everyone. i like to know if the underdrives pulleys are dangerous :eek: for the cooling and electric system??. and the SCI underdrive set ( crank , water pump , alternator ) how % of underdrive have?? thanks :cool:

hi everyone. i like to know if the underdrives pulleys are dangerous :eek: for the cooling and electric system??. and the SCI underdrive set ( crank , water pump , alternator ) how % of underdrive have?? thanks :cool:

Underdrives are not dangerous. I've been running them for at least 10 years without any issues.

I have the SCP underdrives, couldnt tell ya the %..... but I can say you feel a difference, it didnt affect my temps, but my dash is dim sometimes at a red light or low rpm, but even with a small stereo upgrade(800watts), Ive had no charging probs.

I've never had cooling problems, but I've had a Griffin radiator most of the time I've had the UD's. Like mentioned above, I've noticed lights dimming slightly while at a stoplight, but really nothing more than that. I can't say that all UD's are created equal (I think they are all the same dimensions), but ASP underdrive pulleys are advertised to provide full charge at 850 rpms.

If you have any other bugs in your electrical system, UDs will amplify them. For instance, right now I have those gay quick disconnect battery terminals from autozone that conduct electricity about as good as a 2X4. On a good day I'll see 14+ volts while it's charging cruising around town. Turn on the rad. fan, IC fan and headlights together and I'm pushing my luck but it's right on the borderline around 13.XX volts. As for cooling issues I haven't noticed any problems and I live in a hot climate. I did the AC delete so I don't have a condenser blocking my radiator either.

Back