first drive of the bird

89tird

got insurance , tag and all , wired a fan that i have to be on all the time through the battery took it to the gas station , ran good smooth acceleration but a noise while pressing the gas , sound like bad pinging from the cats maybe , i know its an exhaust problem , drove like 4 miles to the nearest mechanic to change oil , they were all busy or didnt want to touch the car , after coming out of a few mechanic shops , the car tried dying on me on reverse , it jumps and vibrates a lil at iddle and almost didnt have anymore acceleration like the blower wasnt doing its job , when i got home there was smoke coming out of the dipstick :confused: , when i checked dipsitck found bubbles of water, and also loud metal sound under car maybe the same pinging sound..

need some input on the problems

damn i need some serious help , when the engine is off should you see alot of oil when you open the filler cap ?? i just opened mines and i saw 0 oil , nada empty , also full of white residue like vaseline around the bottom of the filler neck , i was going by the dipstick which said it was full but i never bothered to check the filler cap !! , when i opened it some steam came out , im hoping i didnt burn anything in the engine , wa you guys think ?

lol sounds mad at somebody, power windows dont work , oil pressure gage dont work , temp gauge dont work , dash lights dont work , i got a black widow making webs under the car :eek:

I believe the oil filler neck is baffled so you probably won't see any oil down there. What is the history on the car?

whats up with the fan.....
is the car over heating
is there coolant in the oil - what color is the oil
is there coolant in rad / overflow bottle or does it seem to need water all the time..... Head-Gaskets !

if the car runs bad or is over-heating you need to figure out whats going on ,or you might end up ruining the motor -which of coarse will end up costing you more for the repair or the loss of the car

this is the one that was running real rich....i think...maybe fouling the plugs out--what condition are the plug wires and or the plugs -which ones are they
but if it's H G's ...time to order up a gasket set

cheers

car sat for a while i think , doesnt have a fan , i just bought one but im waiting for it to arrive , i just wired this one to drive it to the shops , i dont know if its overheating because the gauge doesnt work , but the intercooler , radiator , and hose get really hot to the touch , the oil looks black now cant change it because drain plug stripped, i put some antifreeze today in the overflow to the cold fill before driving , and it didnt loose any , didnt see no antifreeze in the oil just water bubbles and some water bubbles inside looking through the filler.

the plugs look rich , still didnt have a chance to change them today , might need wires also , car seems to have a missfire at idle .

so i should not be able to see oil inside the filler ??

When you open the filler cap, you probably won't see an abundance of oil in there. It is not like a lawnmower engine where the oil level is even with the threads on the cap. As long as the dipstick shows oil at the proper level, you shoyld be fine. As for the steam, there will be some when the car is hot that may wisp out of the opening, but not too noticeable. Like when you open your freezer and some floats out.

Start the car up and look at the radiator overflow bottle. Does it look lik eit is boiling?? Head gaskets. Steam out the exhaust when running?? Head Gaskets...

Is this your first car?? Not trying to sound too harsh here, but if you don't want to change your own oil, an SC may not be for you. SC's tend to be pretty hands on adventures, and unless you have a money tree growing in your yard, Taking it in for every little thing to get it on the road could be quite expensive..

Last edited:
yes sometimes i hear and see bubbles in the overflow , nothing through the exhaust though, i think the guy installed reconditioned heads but never replaced the hgs :confused: effin dummy.

i just did the H G's on mine and thats how mine started out was with the over-flow bottle -car it self ran great -till one day jumping on the freeway ,i got the gaint white cloud deal ,pulled over right away and had it towed home.
was lucky ,didnt touch the oil
the misfire ,maybe you mixed a wire up -it happens ,is it popping out the exhaust

cheers

no this is my third car , i used to own an 89 n/a bird , and now i own a 2001 crown vic police and the tbird, is not that i dont want to change the oil is that the previous guy stripped the head of the bolt of the oil drain plug , no way to get it , i tried using an easy out #4 but it broke inside , i cant grab it with visegrips , nor a pipe wrench... im an aircraft mechanic so i got some mechanic experience just not on cars , all my tools are at work and i have no air tools at home so im using some chinnese stuff..

what do you mean popping out the exhaust

ahh was heading to another shop , when i got an anti lock light :D does this mean abs deactivated ? one of the wheel sensors ??

This is the same thing you asked on the other thread about the engine. It needs head gaskets or the intake is leaking.

Chris

i know im just asking about the misfires and other stuff, just did seafoam going to restart the car at 5:30

seafoam made it smoke a lil and some black puffs and then some white , not much , did a couple of wot runs got between 8-9 boost , dont know if this is normal or not , i put 1/4 of the can in the gas tank and the rest through the vacuum hose on the rear of the engine and the bottle got left with like 1/4 more , now the battery has acid all over it ..am i overloading it too much running the fan all the time ??

ok tried searching but couldnt fiind the answer , will a loose intercooler boot cause the car to run erratic ? my boot is not flush its missing some clips at the bottom

ok found out why there was water bubbles on the dipstick , there was water in the fuel , changed fuel filter , engine oil , rear diff oil , had a mechanic look at the car running he said the loud noise i hear on the right side of the car is an exhaust leak that it will be too much to fix it and not worth it :confused:, he says the supercharger is vibrating right behind the pulley and that the power steering pump might be bad...

i took the biggest dump today when i was driving it normal and coming to a stop the gas got stuck or the engine got stuck right behind an f-150 and the car just accelerating with me on the brakes really hard !! ~~~ was that ?? :eek:

Back