tach and supercharger?

EpidemicEvan

Well my tach is starting to not work. It will be fine for the most part but sometimes for 5 secs it will drop and not work then it would turn back up and work fine for the whole day. The car idles fine i think at 6-800 but when I drop it into drive it will go down to 5 or even 400. sometimes when i start the car it wont start( it would start for a second then die) could that be somehow related to my problem?
Also I notice im not getting the boost I used to. Sometimes my supercharger wont kick in till Im at 30 even 40 mph. Am I low on oil for my supercharger. I never put any in before and I dont remember the last time my dad put any in it when it was his car. My car has 143000 miles on it could my supercharger just be getting to old? thank you

when the tach goes its usually a bad cam sensor. its a cheap $35 part.

what boost does ur car make ?

do u have the stock pulley on it ?

and what do u mean it doesnt "kick in" ??

I dont know what boost i get because my psi gauge quit working. Yes the pulley is stock. And when I say kick in I mean I would step on the pedal hard and it would speed up like a regular v6 bird then at like 30-40 mph I could feel the supercharger giving me the boost to go faster. Thanks

there's a little vac. hose behind the boost gauge that reads boost and vacuum. your's probably just slipped off. thats a pretty easy fix.

for you boost "lag", i would guess your bypass isn't closing like it should when u start boosting. something is keeping it from fully closing. check it out and make sure it's not binding

Back