PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want a 94 5speed?

SanDiegoLXBird
06-09-2007, 08:57 PM
It's been a while and it sucks that my first post in months is offering my car for sale. I just don't have the time, energy or money to try and keep up with this car. It's been sitting in my garage since February when it was replaced with a 98 Mark VIII LSC.

The Story:

I discovered that the EGR tube had developed a crack and with how hard those things are (apparently) to locate, I decided to delete the EGR. For some reason, this caused a code to be thrown and several different programs were attempted via an EEC Tuner to get the code to go away. We never quite got it. Instead of parting the vehicle out, I'd much rather sell it whole. This has been a decision that has been weighing on my mind for months and I know I'm going to regret it, but it needs to go.

The Good:

Paint is good. There are some technical issues with how the paint was applied (guess you get what you paid for), but when taken as a whole, she's a good lookin' broad.

Custom Exhaust. 2" Downpipes, 2.5" Magnaflow/Carsound Cats, 1 2.5" DIDO Magnaflow Muffler (with internal X-over) Midmounted with 2x 2.5" Magnaflow Mufflers at the rear.

Minor Interior Work. I had some custom work done to the door panels and I did some amateur stuff to the rear speaker covers. Looks pretty good in my book. Some of the switches have been modified to use BLUE LEDs. I never got around to finishing my personal set. I can leave the blue stuff in there or I can replace it with the standard green. Dome light and courtesy lights in the back seat have blue lighting film. I can remove that or leave it. HVAC controls have white face and blue film also. That you're stuck with. ;)

Lots of parts. I have some 1.0" Vogtland Springs that I purchased a couple years ago as part of a TCCoA group purchase and never installed. MOOG Upper/Lower Control Arms (all with grease fittings), Poly spring mounts, Black Seat Panels (One panel needs some /minor/ structural repair. They'll look fine when mounted.) and I think I've got some new tie-rod ends around here somewhere. I also have an extra SC top that I was going to use for a raised-top core and an extra IC that was for a double IC core exchange. The car also has an aluminum spare. I also have one that is not in the car, but was going to be used for skinnies. You get it all.

Custom Stereo. Alpine head unit. Front speakers are alpine also. rear speakers are Rockford Fosgate. All powered by a very nice alpine amp. I can get specifics for you. I don't have anything stock to replace the stereo with so I can take some money off the asking price if you'd rather.

Factory Equipment. I'll spare you the list of factory features. The one thing I will note is this vehicle did come equipped with the analog cell phone. The phone just didn't make it to me.

The Bad:

Transmission needs some work. The shifter needs to be rebuilt or replaced. Car is difficult to get in to second at times, grinds going in to third if you're not careful. Reverse is also an occasional pain.

WILL NOT PASS CA EMISSIONS. In it's current state, the car will not pass California Emissions. REGISTRATION FEES ARE PAID so you don't have to worry about any penalties.

Cooling. I've been fighting some issues with the radiator fan and I really don't know ~~~ is up with it. It destroyed its fuse in the underhood box and when I went to start the car up yesterday it didn't come on.

Odometer Stopped Working. The odo stopped worked at about 140k. I purchased gears to make the repair but even with the new gears it was spotty. I replaced the Speedo head with another unit and the problem persisted, but I have no way to verify if the current odo gear is any good. Current odo reading is around 180k, but this is not correct.

Driver's Side Door Sags. Hinge and striker pin need to be replaced. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Pricing and other Info.

A couple years ago, I paid approximately $2100 for this car in much worse condition. Some of the guys in the SoCal TCCoA can attest to how far this car has actually come. The paint was roughly $1000 (but I won't hold that against you), the exhaust work came out to ~$1200 parts and labor. The shop that did it does absolutely phenominal work. I felt it was worth every penny. Stereo would probably retailed for atleast a grand when it was purchased new.

I'm hoping to get $3000 for her with all parts and extras, maybe $500 less if you don't want the stereo. Replacement parts are going to be sold with the vehicle regardless.

If you're interested please drop me a line at mikesaturnsd@yahoo.com

Pictures are available here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2253560

If you'd like any further pictures, please let me know and I'll post them to this thread.

Thank You.

SanDiegoLXBird
06-13-2007, 02:39 AM
Price is not firm by any means, I'm willing to entertain offers.

tbirdaj
06-13-2007, 03:34 AM
Wow that is a really sharp lookin ride. If I only had a car trailer, time, and money.