Back after a long vacation--got some questions for you guys

crocodilehunter

Hello all,

Been a loooong time since I've been on this board. My login tells me the last time I was on here was 2002...lol. And that is probably the last time I drove my 1990 XR7. Well, long story short, I just got her out of storage, and got her running again, started up like a charm--didn't even crank twice! There were a few things I did notice, and thats what brings me here:

Anti-lock brake and Brake light are on, and stay on. Brakes feel as if there are frozen--very hard to stop, almost doesnt stop.

Wipers do not work at all, checked all fuses, none blown--most likely motor?

My temperature gauge doesn't work at all--needle stays on the blue at all times.

Finally, check engine light blinks on and off randomly at times, doesnt stay on long, but is on for maybe 10 seconds at a time.

Anyone have any logic for this old time SCer....who's finally back, and this time, I'm not going anywhere!!

Waiting to hear from you all,
Croc

ur temp gauge can probably be fixed by replacing the temp sending unit (it's right behind the accessory tensioner pulley.

ur wiper problem is either the motor or maybe the Multi Function Swtich (the turn signal/wiper knob).

not totally sure about the brakes, but i was thinking the accumulator is bad.

and for your check engine light, best bet would be either buy a code reader and pull the codes or take it somewhere to pull them.

Back