Just found another problem...

crocodilehunter

Well,

Last night I discovered my next hurdle---bad alternator. Few questions for you folks on this one--is it easy to replace? and where do I get a new one...meaning, an aftermarket, high performance one. I am not too familiar with all the new parts websites. Please let me know, sorry if I sound like I don't have a clue...it's been a long while!

Croc

Well,

Last night I discovered my next hurdle---bad alternator. Few questions for you folks on this one--is it easy to replace? and where do I get a new one...meaning, an aftermarket, high performance one. I am not too familiar with all the new parts websites. Please let me know, sorry if I sound like I don't have a clue...it's been a long while!

Croc

you can get a replacement from your local parts store im sure and its not to big of a job its pretty easy you need to get the up ic pipe off in what ever way you want and then its like 2 bolts go thru it and one that i think is under the coil to like the head of the motor.. or somwhere in that area...

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time buying an AutoZone (or similar) alternator. Stick with the OEM Ford alternator unless you think you need more amps. I know too many people that have purchased an AZ alternator, only to have to replace it as little as a few days later to a few weeks later.

Back