cam synchro assembly o-ring?

tondog

ok, this sucks. the o-ring for the camshaft synchronizer assembly is no longer available from ford. ford wants 200+ usd for the whole friken assembly. does anyone know what i should do? does anyone know of a seal that will work? does anyone make an aftermarket cam synchro? it would be really nice to have a new one but not for 200 bones.

Seeing as the hole it's mounted in is the same size as the NA V6's distributor hole, I wonder if the o-ring for the na distributor will work.

If you can wait until Monday for an answer, I'll check into this when I'm back at work ...

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

i can wait until monday. thanks for checking. however, i used to work for ford and im pretty tight with the parts manager and we looked for anything that could match and came up with nothing not even from an n/a 3.8 or any other year. i hope that u can find something.
thanks

hey, i didnt get one! i ordered the upper and lower fel-pro gasket kit and didnt get it! i got an o-ring that i thought might be it at first but it was too big. it barely fit around the base of the assembly that sits on the top of the timing chain cover(just above where the original o-ring is).

Hey tondog ... just having a look at the listings here this morning at work ... I don't see anything either for a 3.8 SC. So I tried a 96 - 97 T-Bird 3.8 N/A, they have DIS as well. For that I see listed a F07Z 12143 AA, Motorcraft DZ 520 A. Maybe give that a try with your local Ford guy, see if he can order one in for you and check the sizing on that one.

hope this helps
cheers
Ed N.

Back