CAI on eBay any good?

watsonlk

I was wondering if anybody has bought and used a Cold Air Intake from eBay.
This one seems to get good reviews except for no instructions (not needed) and some people saying it required modification to install (no problem, what doesn't).

I don't think the filters are that good, but would work for a little while and replace with a K&N later, they have all kinds of different sizes.

Check it out and let me know what you think.
Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-95-Ford-Thunderbird-3-8L-SC-Cold-Air-Intake-90-91-93_W0QQitemZ180127467969QQihZ008QQcategoryZ38634QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have one on my 94 no problems. Some mods may be needed but otherwise OK. The filter is a cheaper one but hasnt been a problem but I havent tried to clean it yet. Tubing spots easily and is a cheaper quality, you get what you pay for.

Question about this one. Does it have a 'base' plate that bolts to where the airbox used to be? Kinda like the MAC intake does? Or does it just have a tube going in through the hole?

The one I have doesnt have a mounting plate I just fashioned brachets to mount it. For the price you can afford to do minor fab work.

I have one on my '89 also. It comes with an L bracket that you clam to the tubing and bolt to one of the airbox mounting holes.
Also came with a bracket that mounts on two holes on the MAF, but I have not seen anything that would moun to.

Nick

Cai

I just made my own! went down to the home depot bought some 3inch PVC pipping spent around $25 hooked it up looks just like the one sold on JLT and works and sounds great.:)

filters

will the k and n 1 fit the tube if i buy one cause i was thinkin of buying it then just changing filters they probably have that size what do you think

CAI on ebay

I bought one off $30+ from ebay and it seems to work fine. Made receptacle from PVC pipe fitting from Home Depot. Workd great. Have not tried to clean it yet. It seems to scratch easily though. Pic attached.
Gerry

Attachments

• '06-11-15_0002.JPG
    '06-11-15_0002.JPG
    374.6 KB · Views: 148
i put a fleabay intake on the 'bird last night..fit just like a intake for anyother car from ebay. took all of ten minutes to remove and reinstall. sounds good. about all its really for anyways

Cai

The 3" pipe will fit, but you have to cut yhr hole bigger for the filter or change the filter from underneath the car. I changed now to a MAC CAI, the aluminum ebay pipes scratched too easily and looked really bad pretty quickly.
Gerry

ok

ok thanks for the advice ill be thinking what ill do... the ebay piping dont have 3inch???

Back