heat problems

franky_402

ok, so my stock rad fan doesnt work, and i dont think i have the air dam? I am going to the junkyard in the morning to get a new fan, im thinking the taurus fan, but what year, cuz my friends taurus is a 97 i think and it is a twin fan so that wouldnt work. Also can i get the air dam off of a different model car, or i wonder if i have it or not, i looked and didnt se anything that looked like an air dam. Will be checking the thread all night so let me here what you got.

the taurus fan you're wanting has 9 blades on it and i believe its a direct swap for the stock one. search on ebay for it. i've found a few over the past few months. a bit pricey sometimes.

okay tonight i looked and when i unplugged the engine coolant level sensor the fan kicked on but no cel and the fan only ran for about 15 secs at the most then shut off. Also the air it was blowing was so hot it was burning my hand almost. I know thats not good, so im thinking the rad is clogged, so i am going to do a rad flush in the next few days, and thinking about rigging the fan to stay on all the time. What is the safest way to do this, i know you can reburn the chip but i live in a very small town and no one out here does things like that.

Back