Help with PBR brake upgrade....Clunk sound...think caliper is on backward!!!

lube70

I have the Big Brake kit for the SC and have them installed on my SC. I need to know, for the PBR caliper, are they interchangable side to side. I think that I have the calipers on backward, meaning that the bolt, that holds the pads to the caliper, in the opposite spot. The bolt would be on the outside of the rotor rotation, not the back side of rotor rotation. I will try to get pics up.

Another club member has the same set up and has the bolts in the "opposite" location and has no "CLUNK". When I hit the brakes, I hear a CLUNK and then when I let off, CLUNK.

Does not happen when not moving. Does not happen in reverse.

I think that I have the calipers reversed.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

not sure about the "big brake kit" but i have the twin piston pbr's from a 2000 stang and you have to make sure to put the bleeder toward the top because they will bolt up on either side. if the bleeder isn't toward the top it won't bleed right.

I posted in Members section as well. Bleeders as state should be in thast direction and I do believe my pins are down

I am pretty sure the calipers are interchargable. The only reason why you want one caliper on the other one is for the bleeder screw other than that they are the same

Do you have adequate clearance between the spindle and caliper? If you haven't removed enough material there, the caliper will hit the spindle when the pedal is depressed, which will make a clunk.

-Rod

Where does material need to be taken from???

I have not seen where the material needs to be removed. Any help is appreicated as what to do. I thought it was a direct bolt on for the front.

Don

Don,

You need to do a little grinding on the spindle and the caliper bolting ear in the area I've circled in this picture. Be sure to create a little extra clearance there. As the pads wear, that gap will decrease.

clearance.jpg

-Rod

Don,

You need to do a little grinding on the spindle and the caliper bolting ear in the area I've circled in this picture. Be sure to create a little extra clearance there. As the pads wear, that gap will decrease.

clearance.jpg

-Rod

Great pic.

Back