Burnout video

quick35th

Yesterday we decided to attempt to finish off a set of old junkyard tires before my friend throws some slicks on them. So we bolted on the 15" V6 stang wheels to Lyndsay's '01 Mustang GT and set off to pop the tires. I hopped in the drivers seat and set off to totally kill the tires on the back of it. Well what happened was the engine got a bit hot and spilled it's guts out all over the ground :eek: :( I guess this same thing happened to my other friends '99 GT. The car basically got a coolant flush because of how much fluid it lost and it still runs fine so I guess she dodged a bullet.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoy the video and not bash me to much for roasting the tires in her car as long as I did. I really didn't intend on making it over heat so I purposely kept the RPM's low for the most part.

Click here to see Video

Shane

My poor car :( :( :( well, I will admit, that I thought it was a good burnout...I am sure though, that all you guys will be a little less harsh than those on the SVT forums...they arent liking it...AT ALL. lol!

man ---is all i can say -lets see some video of you hammering your bird.
you'll never drive my rides....lol

cheers

man ---is all i can say -lets see some video of you hammering your bird.
you'll never drive my rides....lol

cheers

I am building a competitive road racer SC so there will be videos of me in it soon to come. I think hardcore road racing is harder on a car and it's suspension then doing that big burnout.

Shane

ok so you were trying to toast the rear tire's -was it at the cord yet

cheers

When I shut it down the cords were showing. I wanted to pop them but the mustang didn't want any part of it :rolleyes:

If my friend does not put slicks on those wheels before my road racer is running I am going to put them on the back of my SC and finish them off. They are pretty close right now, maybe a minute more and they would be blown for sure.

Shane

Shane,

Just sitting there holding the brakes will also get the rear brakes/rotors extremly hot and they can melt the seals on the caliper and catch on fire, or warp/crack the rotors. If doing a standing burnout, it is best to use line locks so only the front brakes are on. That's the main reason all my burnouts are done rolling.

David

she should of bought a 5.0...we get my dads going in 3rd :p

hey shane...my 88 runs perfect now... :D

Shane,

Just sitting there holding the brakes will also get the rear brakes/rotors extremly hot and they can melt the seals on the caliper and catch on fire, or warp/crack the rotors. If doing a standing burnout, it is best to use line locks so only the front brakes are on. That's the main reason all my burnouts are done rolling.

David

remember..its not his car...its lindsay's...so its all good ;)

My poor car :( :( :( well, I will admit, that I thought it was a good burnout...I am sure though, that all you guys will be a little less harsh than those on the SVT forums...they arent liking it...AT ALL. lol!

and to think...its just a GT...i will say it sounds mean!

Shane,

David

Yeah I can see where heat would be an issue. I checked the brakes out before and after and they looked fine. The lug nuts sure were hot afterwards when putting her normal wheels back on.

Shane

remember..its not his car...its lindsay's...so its all good ;)

HEY!!!!! you said so yourself, that it sounds pretty good....plus, i've told shane that if anything breaks while he is driving it, autocrossing it, etc...that he is going to fix it and pay to do so too:eek: ...and he is fully aware...lol

I've told shane that if anything breaks while he is driving it, autocrossing it, etc...that he is going to fix it and pay to do so too:eek: ...and he is fully aware...lol

That is true. I dont have anything to race for now so her GT gets it done for now. Once the race car is running here in a few weeks I wont be driving her GT anymore. I've got probably one more autocross event in it then its all done. After that point if it breaks from her beating on it its all up to her to get it fixed.

Shane

Back