A New Hi in Lo's(temp that is)

Les Borda

Paul if you see this it worked!!!. Used a potentiometer for a trial run, 0-100K so it's a little course but it's all Radio Shack had for $1.99.

Low speed comes on between the O and R and now high speed comes on where the low used to around the M,I can adjust it to come on sooner if I want but I think this is just right for her.

Folks I'll write up a little tech article on this when it is all done and tested completely. For those without an EEC tuner and can't be bothered with the XR7 Dave cool fan switch circuitry this little gem will be a piece of baklava to install.

A quick synopsis, I have been able to modify the ECT circuitry to fool the EEC in thinking the engine coolant temp is higher than it really is, therby bringing the low and high speed fan on much sooner in the cycle.

Pauk instead of switching the circuit in manually with a switch I am going to try one of those rad mount temp swithces that is 180 degress in series with the circuit. When the sensor hits 180 and closes it will engage the circuitry thereby letting normal ECT and EEC signals for warm up from a cold start.

Back