Talk to me about new or reman longblocks--what companies offer these, which are best?

skydivr7673

Like the title says, mine is a 5 speed 95, and I am considering a new or reman long block. I thought I remember seeing something floating around not too long back about a company that people were having good luck with, but I cannot find it now. any thoughts?

I got mine from ford for about 2,200 if I recall right, if I had to do it over again, I would have just rebuilt mine and added power upgrades for it, my engine ended up costing me about $ 3,000 installed, so like I said I would think its cheaper to just do a rebuild then use the extra to add any power upgrade, but oh well, its to late now

I got mine from ford for about 2,200 if I recall right, if I had to do it over again, I would have just rebuilt mine and added power upgrades for it, my engine ended up costing me about $ 3,000 installed, so like I said I would think its cheaper to just do a rebuild then use the extra to add any power upgrade, but oh well, its to late now

What kind of warranty did they offer?

Last edited:
three year , 36000 mile warranty if I recall, the only reason I got it from ford is because my cousin works there and he got me it for cheaper, I think I actually got it for about 1700, but its actually 2200 normally priced, but like I said I still wish I would have just had mine rebuilt

three year , 36000 mile warranty if I recall, the only reason I got it from ford is because my cousin works there and he got me it for cheaper, I think I actually got it for about 1700, but its actually 2200 normally priced, but like I said I still wish I would have just had mine rebuilt

I built my engine the right way, and had around $1,000 just in machining work. At least you know you have a good engine and warranty on top of that. On a used engine you just have to hope unless you do what I did and spend the money to make sure. For instance, my engine ran fine before tearing it apart. I wanted to bore mine .020 over and use forged pistons. The machine shop said they had to bore it .030 to get the walls to clean up perfectly. There is just no way to tell this by eyeballing the thing. So keep those things in mind, maybe your not out as bad as you think.

Here is what S&S uses for thier build, plus they do have the 7 year 100k warranty on their motors: about 1400 bucks. I got mine from them and havent had a single problem. they can even do port work and other stuff for additional coin.

A: Engines remanufactured by our remanufacturing line meet or exceed O.E.M. specifications.
- New Manley valves
- New Elgin valve springs and keepers
- New Badger pistons
- New Hastings molly rings
- New Dynagear timing gears and Durabond cam bearings
- New Dynagear timing gears and chain
- New Elgin lifters, push rods, rockers, balls and nuts
- New Dynagear oil pump
- New FelPro gaskets
- Cylinder heads are pressure checked
- Diamond honed valve guides
- Three angle cut valve seats
- All head surfaces are broached
- Blocks are bored with deck plates, cylinder walls are diamond honed
- Crankshafts are ground and polished for .002 clearance
- Camshafts are ground to O.E.M. specifications, hardened and polished
- Connecting rods are sized to .002 clearance

SCP is the best place to get the engine. 100K mile warranty, and Bill at SCP said I could bolt-on/port/spray what I wanted.......and if it blew up to pull all the mods off and turn it back in for another.......:cool:

I heard that the reman. engine from ford is not ford actually is an outside company, you can call Bill E. and ask him.

Back