woofers

BrentSC

hey i just got some new 12" subs and i want to bolt them down to the floor in the trunk. i was going to get an L bracket, put one side screwd to the floor and the other screwd to the side of the woofer box. i was wondering before i go all out drilling my holes in the floor of the trunk am i going to hit anything important? i would like to know if theres anything i should watch out for before i drill. thanks alot guys

brent

If it is a carpeted box you could always take some hook and loop velcro and stick the two hook pieces adhesive side back to back so the hook side grabs both the speaker box carpet and the trunk carpet. My two 12's haven't moved and I didnt have to drill.

hey i just got some new 12" subs and i want to bolt them down to the floor in the trunk. i was going to get an L bracket, put one side screwd to the floor and the other screwd to the side of the woofer box. i was wondering before i go all out drilling my holes in the floor of the trunk am i going to hit anything important? i would like to know if theres anything i should watch out for before i drill. thanks alot guys

brent

Not only does it mean there are no leaks in the trunk from bolt holes but it makes it alot easier on taking out the box for the track.

would anyone know what i should tune my amp at, i have a 1800w kenwood amp, and two clairon 12" 1000w subs. the amp is turned down low so im not getting much bass. apparently if theres any distortion going to your subs u can blow them and i dont wana do that lol . thanks

Last edited:
would anyone know what i should tune my amp at, i have a 1800w kenwood amp, and two clairon 12" 1000w subs. the amp is turned down low so im not getting much bass. apparently if theres any distortion going to your subs u can blow them and i dont wana do that lol . thanks

thoes subs will handle all that amp can throw at them. Just turn the amp up till it is at a comfotable level when your head unit bass level is in the middle and go from there.

I can't remeber where I bought them at but I have 2 L-shaped brackets that have Velcro-like hook material on one side and they stick to the carpet and hold my cabinet in place.

Technically if your box is the right size and you have good wiring you shouldnt have to turn out amp gain up last half or your bass up much at all. I have two 12in Infinity Kappa Perfect 12's and a Coustic 600 watt ampd...so right now the subs are getting about 300 watts each. My gain is just below half and with my bass set a "1" on my headunit...certian songs its enough to fully move my sunroof when its closed and enough air to move my rear view mirror when i have to keep adjusting it.

Technically if your box is the right size and you have good wiring

So true. Many people I encounter do not know that at all. They will buy a woofer off of ebay and proceed to build a box that fits in a space in thier trunk, and then get pissed when it sounds bad... Proper airspace and type of airspace (sealed, ported/free air) is everything. Get the cubic feet right and you can puh it with a puny amp and make it sound better/louder then a woofer in an undersized or oversized box...

yeah, and another thing you guys that have 12"s out there, how did you fit them in the back of the SC? i wanted to get a ported box, but my only option was to get this sealed one i found because it half ~~~ fit under that long black thing that sticks down with all the electrical stuff in it,(i have no idea what was in there but it looked important so i didnt touch it) its the only thing hanging down in the way after you take the stock amp and woofer out. and i have heard a ported box is way sweeter beecause the bass is louder and the amp and subs dont have to work as hard. im wondering if i can make my sealed box into a ported one? :rolleyes: lol thanks

brent

Back