downshift blues

alukianow

I could use a 2nd opinion (3rd, 4th and 5th would help too!) because my 1994 Supercoupe (auto with 4r70) has decided to downshift for no good reason lately. I'll be driving along at a steady state, at highway speeds only, and if the car is running warm it will downshift for no particular reason. I simply ease off the throttle completely and it upshifts immediately.

I had the code scanning done at Ford and nothing showed up, I also had the tranny completely flushed (including the valve body, torque converter, etc.). That did not solve this problem.

It is my best guess that this problem is electronic, and I'm guessing a sensor or cable that is not sending signals to either the computer or the AOD module once the car is all warmed up.

I've searched this site and found nothing, I searched the internet and found nothing either...... now I ask you guys (and possibly ladies) for another opinion.

Help.....

MLPS Sesnor. About $53 from your dealership and a 15 minute replacment job.

That's a common problem. If it's not that, you may need to do more diagnostics.

Thanks 93 MarkVIII!

Thanks a ton!!

I changed the MLPS sensor $65 at cash wholesale with tax and went for a test drive..... it's perfect again!

Thank-you!

Back